Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

JPK
Contributor
JPK
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telus

BESUserAdminClient Set_Owner_info not working

[ Edited ]

Has anyone gotten the Set_owner_info to work using the BESUserAdminClient tool? I was able to add all my users using the tool which was great, had to set the email profile manually though.

Now I'm trying to set the owner information, the command says it completes but I don't see anything on my lock screen on my phone (it's been 60 minutes since I ran the command).

Usering the commands from the Admin Guide:

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/admin/deliverables/52813/BlackBerry_Resource_Kit_10.1_Administration_G...

I had info in the lock screen set manually on my phone so I deleted that then ran the command.

Z10: 10.1.0.4633

BES BAS: 10.1.1.20

Command I'm running is:

BESUseradminclient -n servername.domain.local:customport -ad_auth -username username -password password -domain domain.local -set_owner_info -name "Name Here" -infofile userinformation.txt -u  email@address.com

I tried removing the -infofile option so it would just set the -name and it gave me the following error:

(10/22 16:26:34.068):{0x3C68:1} [ERROR] Unable to set owner info for user: email@address.com

Please use plain text.