Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Contributor
My Device: Z10, Z30
My Carrier: Bell

Balance Question

Is there any way to set up the phone with BES 10 and balance so that Work contacts will have their name shown when a phone call comes in even if your on the personal side and work space is locked? Same with contacts in general.

We like having our files seperated on balance but quick and easy communication with contacts is kinda important. Right now theres a device password enabled and then the workspace password. is there anyway to have your work contacts "unlocked" so to speak so that you can see whos calling at all times instead of just their phone #? 

Super Contributor
My Device: Z30

Re: Balance Question

Hi,

You need to ensure that the following policy is set to allow the phone to access the work contacts :

Under Security : personal apps access to work contacts

PS: you should only allow access from 'only blackberry apps'.

Don't forget to hit like if I resolved your issue! Smiley Happy
Contributor

ya. i don't think i get that option on the BES 10 cloud preview. i can't seem to find it

Super Contributor

Ah you're using the cloud ? I don't see the policy docs for BES 10 cloud yet even though it was officially released last week. Strange though that you don't see the policy, I would have thought it would have been the same across both...

Contributor

it doesn't appear that way.... and i don't know if this is the same as the hosted service through theire partners theyre talking about or not. Its whatever was done by Blackberry as a "Market Preview" as they call it. its a kind of a trial thing. We're using it as a easy way to get familar with BES 10 and then go from there

Contributor

shoot nvm my bad we do have that setting. Ugh i can't believe i didn't see that!! now i feel like an dink lol

Highlighted
Super Contributor

Lol Smiley Happy