Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Contributor
My Device: z10

Bes 10.1 cant activate devices

Hi,

unfortunately the BES 10 experience continues for me....after the trial license suddenly expire before the specified date...i have added traded CALs. everything worked ok....i had to remove and re-add a user and now its stuck at activation saying we dont have CALs...i believe this issue is still somehow caused by the expired cals but cant find a way yet to remove those expired cals.

thx

Contributor
My Device: 8700

Re: Bes 10.1 cant activate devices

Which do you want to activate? BlackBerry or Android/iOS?
Is the license status green? How is the licence count?
Contributor

fixed the issue yeasterday....i was trying to add BB10 devices...but couldnt (out of CALs...although i had plenty)....i had one test Android as a test via trial license and it expired....somehow this option didnt let me add any BB devices until i had removed the stale one....

do you know how to remove any trial records?

thx

Contributor
My Device: 8700

no i dont know it with 10.1(.1). With 10.0 and below it was possible to fix it with editing the lincense table in database. in 10.1.1 i do not found the right table yet. it moved elsewhere with the Management Service.
New Contributor
My Device: Z10

Have the same issue.

The Test "EMM Cooperate" license expired, but I have 70 free license for "EMM Cooperate for Blackberry".

Any idea ?

Thanks

Theo

Contributor

Once i removed the user attached to the trial license the BB licensing service allowed the system to work again. Not sure if its your case as well.

Contributor

Hi,

I think i have a similar problem also. In my situation i trade up 100 CAL's to activate BB10 devices on BDS and i was using the trial CAL's for UDS to activate IOS and Android. now after the Trial CAL's expired for UDS i still cant activate new BB 10 devices on the BDS. it throws an error on the device saying no Licences left to activate the device, there planty of CAL's left to activate devices on BDS.

please advise

New Contributor

My first aid was to request another trial license.

But this doesn't solved my problem, because I have get a license error as soon as I have tried to insert the activation key. :No:

But, then I have tried an additional "poll now" after the unsuccessfully attempts to insert the license .... And now I have 50 more trial license for the next 2 month :Wacko:

Very strange ... But the device activiation is running fine now...

Hope to found a solution now, before the next trial period is finish...

Contributor

but i dont need trail licences now to activate devices on BDS. I have for than 50 production CAL's left on BDS but i still cant activate and BB 10 device becouse the error says i have no CAL's left for activation:smileyfrustrated:

New Contributor

Yes, I understand.

We have 100 EMM Coopperate for Blackberry license.

and only a trial License "EMM Cooperate". As soon as this was expired, no further activation were possible.

Maybe EMM Cooperate is a "higher" license as modell.

What is strange. After activation the trial license, new BES devices takes the right license of the "EMM Cooperate for Blackberry" license pool...