Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Contributor
JohnThomas
My Device: n/a

Bes10 Trial install woes

Hi All,

Just installing the above UDS for the first time.  Firstly it put in gb_unitedkingdom.srp.blackberry.com as an srp address when installing UDS, this A record dosen't even exist?  Is this correct, if I swop for gb.srp.etc it verifys.  Should I use gb.srp.blackberry.com for the srp on the UDS service?

Secondary, it fails on the same screen choosing next using gb.srp.blackberry as srp 'maybe related' and comes up 'unexpected errr occured, please refer to install log'.

In log I have validation failed, assuming this is licensing problem?

Any help/ideas would be great.

Thanks,

John

Forums Advisor I
oliwer
My Device: BB10 and WiFi PB

Re: Bes10 Trial install woes

The issue you describe was in issue in the first gold candite, but should be fixed in the public release.
Changing the address to gb.srp.blackberry.com should help, or try re-downloading the software.
Contributor
JohnThomas

Thanks Oliver, this was the public version with this wrong srp.  Also did change the srp to gb.srp.blackberry.com otherwise would complain qabout srp not contactable.

Once added I still get an unexpected error when choosing next.

I'll try and download another version and get another license key to try.

Thanks,

John

Contributor
JohnThomas

Just reinstalled, same stale A record srp and same problem with trying to continue once corrected.

....well that was a waste of time & giving up!