Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Contributor
AdamOwen1
My Device: Blackberry Curve

Bes10 installation - UDS and MDM problem

Hello,

It seems that after installing the UDS and looking to activate on an iOS device the server details do not show in the activcation email, therefore proving problematic when looking to activate the handset.

I am not to sure if its related also, but we cannot enter the MDM details for the UDS service within the management console.  any ideas why this wouldnt take the details?

any ideas?

Installed on Server2008 R2, all components installed, BDS on port 444, UDS 443 and Mgmt Console 668

Super Contributor
swotam
My Device: Z10

Re: Bes10 installation - UDS and MDM problem

You can edit the activation email in the UDS management console and manually enter the server name associated with your setup.

If you aren't able to edit the email you should make sure the account you are logged in as has the appropriate rights.
----------
BESX 5.0.4, SQL 2008, Exchange 2010 SP2 RU4a
Contributor
AdamOwen1
My Device: Blackberry Curve

What server address should we pointing this at please?

My initial thoughts are the server address associated to the certificate?

Super Contributor
swotam
My Device: Z10

You would use the name assigned to the server and the certificate, for example mdm.company.com or whatever you chose. Obviously this name should be accessible both internally and externally so that the devices can contact it no matter where they are.
----------
BESX 5.0.4, SQL 2008, Exchange 2010 SP2 RU4a