Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Best Practice Question and solution if wrong

I have a enterprise server setup, devices are connected and working correctly. End users want the ability to send emails from the corporate account address so from within the email setup I have added thier work address.

Problem, now they recieve 2 of almost every corporate email, if this because the Enterprise Delivers it to the default and they also recieve the message in the corporate email setup. If so how can I have the message only show once.

Ex. Default Mailbox recieved message

Corporate@corpartateadress.com recieved message also, so Default mailbox shows it twice.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Best Practice Question and solution if wrong

I found my own solution, don't know if its the best but it works.

1) Activate your Blackberry with your Enterprise Server

2) Go to Options, then E-Mail Settings

3) Create a account, and add your Enterprise Server email address (the address you are recieving email from work)

4) Now go to LINK select your provider

5) Login with the username and password you create to add the email account in step 3

6) From the list, select the filter icon (looks like a funnel) for the Enterprise Server email address.

7) Select "Do not forward messages to device"

You should no longer recieve duplicate messages.

Logic: Enterprise Server is already sending you the message to your device, but requires you to add your corporate email account if you want it to look like you are sending from your corporate account. When you add your corporate account it will now be syncing the Enterprise Server mail and the account you added just to be able to send from your corporate account and this makes it show duplicate in your default mail folder.

Hope this helps, please remember to tip your waiter Smiley Wink