Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Developer
cobusbenade
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: MTN

BlackBerry Device Services - MDS not working

I have installed BlackBerry Device Services, and Fusion (had some trouble there though). Then I activated a few Playbooks to Device Services via Desktop Manager. The Work partition was created succesfully. There however seems to be something wrong with the MDS transport.

The Work Browser doesnt work, I get Error 503. I also set up a email configuration, settings are pushed down, but my mail doesnt update, I get a small notification at the top of the Mail app telling me that Mail is Unable to connect to the Server. My gmail etc however works fine. I also provisioned a optional App, but it cant be downloaded from App World. All these things leads me to beleive that the MDS transport on either the server or the devices are not set up correctly. I cant find any relevant logs on the server for MDS, all I can see is that my trial SRP is connected to the infrastructure.

Any suggestions??

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mzwaterski
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: BlackBerry Device Services - MDS not working

We had the exact same problem. The weird thing was that when we rebooted the playbook the browser worked for a few minutes and then stopped. We eventually gave up.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
messagingman
My Device: Bold 9000

You are not alone, i have the exact same problem with a 503 on the work browser.

The EMWS log appears to indicate a number of BAS traits are missing during the enrollment process.

Nothing in the MDS logs to suggest an issue.

Annoyingly there appears to be no option to make the MDS service have verbose HTTP logging as in BES which is useful when troubleshooting these transport issues.

Anyone got this working yet?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
fusionuser
My Device: Q10, PlayBook
My Carrier: Vodafone Netherlands

Same issue here. Last contact time in the console is the time the device was activated with Web Desktop Manager. Server can connect with RIM Infrastructure at port 3101.

Seems the PlayBooks are not able to comminicatie with the RIM infrastructure. Maybe not fully operational yet?

Will have a call soon to see the kind of support comes with the 90 day trial.

Please use plain text.
New Developer
cobusbenade
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: MTN

I did some testing, once (just once) got connected to Mobile Device Services when I bridged, the transport in the about screen was Bridge (BES), but that lasted for a hour and it changed to not connected when I connect my playbook via Bridge. Only connectivity I now get is via wifi, it tells me MDS, but ovbiously doesnt work.

Also checked my MDS logs, no reference i can see about a device connecting. Al else seems fine in the logs. The last connected time for other provisioned PlayBooks were also the time I provisioned them via the BAS.

Im in South Africa, we connect via the UK doorway, wonder if they have enabled the PlayBook to connect yet?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mikeatroundhere
My Device: Z10 / PlayBook
My Carrier: T-Mobile / Bridge

Same issue here... Over WiFi I notice the device makes not a single chirp. Over bluetooth (bridging or just tethering) it works as anticipated for the most part (sometimes a reboot is needed if too much fidgeting has been done prior).

I think there is a bug in the PlayBook software preventing traffic and hope it is corrected really soon since folks are expecting me to show them what this can do and first impressions mean a lot when bias is in the air.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
fusionuser
My Device: Q10, PlayBook
My Carrier: Vodafone Netherlands

it is working now. Nothing changed on our setup. Maybe the network here in the Netherlands was not provisioned for this new product.

We are now able to push new wifi profiles and use the work browser to access the intranet websites. Nice !

Please use plain text.
Contributor
maheshqtech
My Device: Perl
My Carrier: BB

First thing is set your jdk/bin path to your system environment then restart the system and it wil work fine

Please use plain text.