Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Trusted Contributor
Hape
My Device: Z10
Accepted Solution

BlackBerry Mobile Fusion Installation questions

Hello together,

I have stil not understand the BMF hirarchy.

We currently are running a BES 5.0.3 (enterprise not Express) for Exchange with about 500 Users.

I want to test the BMF in the 60 day trial version.

I have prepared a separate Test-Server for BMF. My question is:

Surely this is a test and I want to have the possibility to roll back if BMF is not the soulution we want to use.

What I do not understand is:

- How deep is the BMF involved into BES. Means: Can I still administrate  (add, remove etc) BlackBerry Account via the BES Admin console? Or is this possible then only via the BMF console.

- If BMF is not a soulution for our company, can I just uninstall the BMF server and everything is good?

- Would you prefer to install a new TEST BES Server (parallel to the productive one) and install BMF on this server? Or should I risk the current BES to be a part of the BMF environement?

Thanks in advance

hape

Developer
joanb
My Device: Z10 + PlayBook 64GB

Re: BlackBerry Mobile Fusion Installation questions

Don't know if this info is still needed but I have some comments.

This week I successfully installed the Fusion and all stuff to be able to register my PB.

What can I say is:

1.I think BES as a Database in my SQL server AND a web page console (+user web page) AND a bunch of services running to connect to Exchange and encrypt and send info and to sync, and so on.

2.BDS, Blackberry device Service is "another" BES, that is, another sql database AND another web console (+user web page) AND another different bunch of services to les the PlayBook get info from exchange (via ActiveSync) and so on.

3.Fusion is a web page to let you administer both list of devices from one single page and avoid to use to web consoles to administers BB devices and Playbook tablets

4.Fusion can be installed almost anywhere (I have fusion and BES running in same VM)

5.BES and BDS cannot be installed together, so you need another machine to install BDS. Although many people does the logical think of installing fusion and BDS together.

6.user account executing BDS server can be different from user account executing BES, so you can keep thinks well separated.

7.Data for BES and BDS are stored in diferent Databases in SQL server. So you can remove BDS database later.

8. BES web console is always available regardless of fusion installed, so if you remove fusion you can keep working on BES console as usual.

9.I'm not a SUPER-Expert, but this comments are from my (short) experience. Perhaps somebody more expert can add/correct something

Thanks

BES10 administrator for several customers.
"SMPTE Calculator" timecode APP developer for BB10
New Contributor
aaasingh
My Device: Bold 9930; Playbook

JoanB you nailed it. Bds is just another bes, uds is another bes. Mf sits on top for a universal view. Will not have any real impact on bes.
Trusted Contributor
Hape
My Device: Z10

Thanks.
I will install a separate BES test environemen just to be sure. Cause I do not want anyhow to disturb my current productive BES environment.

Thanks again