Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Contributor
dibby5
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

BlackBerry Web Desktop Manager - Win 7, IE9, BES 5.0.3 MR8, Win 2008 Domain, Exch 2010 SP2 RU4-v2

I have been trying to push out the add-on for BlackBerry Web Desktop Manager to my Win 7 Machines running IE9 on a Win 2008 domain and as yet I have been unable to get it working success fully.  I haven't found any docs that cater for this set up and have tried adapting those that I can find, to no avail.  Has anyone got this working.

Additional info, we are running Exchange 2010 SP2 RU4-v2 and BES 5.0.3 MR8 (Bundle 256)

Thanks

David

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: BlackBerry Web Desktop Manager - Win 7, IE9, BES 5.0.3 MR8, Win 2008 Domain, Exch 2010 SP2 RU4-v2

does it open on the server?

if it wont on the PC then you might have your server firewall blocking it

the installer does not modify your firewall rules

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Contributor
dibby5
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: BlackBerry Web Desktop Manager - Win 7, IE9, BES 5.0.3 MR8, Win 2008 Domain, Exch 2010 SP2 RU4-v2

I can launch the Web Desktop Manager fine from any workstation, it's just that the first time it is done it wants to install the Active X controls and the user is prompted to allow it.  I'm looking to avoid the prompts and just gave it happen without user interaction.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

maybe this might help, I dont see it as a serious issue unless you dont allow users to enable it

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/forum/ie9-windows_vista/activex-filtering-for-ie9-cannot-be-tu...

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.