Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
fox54
My Device: Z10

BlackBerry device service and ActiveSync problem

I setup the Blackberry Device Service and create an email profile to connect to activesync

The email profile is associated to a user

Activesync is running on the Exchange server and is functionnal (confirmed)

My Exchange server is not exposed to the Internet and I want to use the MDS service to send data to the devices

I can activate a Blackberry Z10.  But it does not synchronize.  I looked in the logs of the Blackberry Device service and I do not see any connection attempt to the ActiveSync on the Exchange Server.

Same thing in the IIS logs of the Exchange server.  No connection attempt from the Blackberry Device service.

It seems like the Blackberry device service is ignoring the email profile (or do not use it)

Any idea ?

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: BlackBerry device service and ActiveSync problem

did you assing the email profile to the user?

this does get a few people as device will activate and no email will show

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
fox54

Yes it is associated to the user

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
SOR-IT

fox54 wrote:

My Exchange server is not exposed to the Internet...

So how does ActiveSync devices see your server? is there a firewall that pushes AS request to your mail server?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
fox54

The device (Blackberry Z10) does not see the ActiveSync server.  It's the Blackberry device service that query the ActiveSync Server internally and the sends data to the Blackberry infrastructure and the to the device.  It's just that the new Blackberry device service is using ActiveSync to connect to the Exchange server.  The rest is like the Blackberry Server Express mecanism.  It just does not use CDO anymore but ActiveSync instead. 

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

there is a setting in BAS to accociate your domain with RIM NOC so you wont have to use the SRP number for server when activating

in BAS goto Devices

Device activation settings

Service configuration 

Register activation information with BlackBerry Infrastructure:Yes

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.