Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone.de

BlackBerry10 and WI-FI Profiles

Hello together,

hope someone can help me out.

I've configured BB10-BDS and could activate a Z10 successfully. I have used the local WI-FI for the activation.

I also have created a WI-FI Profile on the server which is pushed to the device during the activation process.

The problem is. After the WI-FI profile is pushed to device the Mail account on Z10 is not working anymore.

Means, I cannot send or receive any messages and Address-lookup brings me the error "the device is offline".

But it is not. WI-FI connection on device shows me that it is "successfull connected" with the WI-FI profile which is coming from the server. I can see that on the profile name.

I also testet a second scenario.

I have activated the Z10 via 3G. WI-FI connection was not established (But WI-FI module was switched ON).

After activation with 3G the WI-FI profile was again pushed from the server to device and email function immidiateley stopped working even WI-FI was still connected.

I switched temp. WI-FI module OFF and was only connected via 3G. Mail account worked normaly.

The entries I have made on the Profile on the server are definitely correct. I doublechecked the configuration with our Network Admins.

Has anyone any idea?

Regards,

Hape

Forums Advisor I
My Device: BB10 and WiFi PB
My Carrier: .

Re: BlackBerry10 and WI-FI Profiles

Is your EAS Server available through the WiFi? Are you using the external or internal EAS server name? I would recommend to try the internal one cause the device will use a direct connection to the EAS server if connected to an enterprise (BDS pushed) WiFi.

Was my answer helpful? - Like it please!
Did my answer solved your request? - Mark it as solution Smiley Happy
------------------------------
Find more information about Enterprise Mobility Management at EMMAdmin.com
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Hi oliwer,

thanks for reply. Yes the EAS Server is available throuh WIFI (manualy configured on device).

I am using the internal EAS(CAS array of the exchange server) server name.

The strange thing is, that it is working if I configure the WIFI settings manually on the device. But if I push the WIFI configuration, exactly for the same WIFI connection, via a server profile. Mail functionalitiy on device stopps working immidately. Even if device shows me "connected" in the WIFI settings.

Reagrds,

hape

Trusted Contributor

No one with an idea?

Can anybody explain me what the difference is, between a manual created WIFI profile and and server pushed WIFI profile?

I mean in the end they both (manualy configured and server pushed) connect to the same WIFI network (same SSID).

Is it realy so, that a server pushed WIFI uses a different connection way to reach EAS as the manual configured one even if they both connect to the same WIFI/SSID

Regards,

hape