Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
adgaynor
My Device: Bold 9790

Re: Blackberry 9790 not receiving external emails, only internal

Just looking at the 'filters' under the properties of the user in the main window, it says "filter rules : none" and "forward all messages to blackberry device" is set to True..

Are there more in depth filtering options hidden away somewhere on the server?
Forums Advisor I
freakinvibe
My Device: Q10

Don't think so. But given that you are using an over 5 year old version of BES with a brand-new device, it could be that filtering properties have not been synced properly. Can you look on the device itself?

Any chance to upgrade BES?
New Contributor
adgaynor
My Device: Bold 9790

I have a colleague looking at the filtering on the device at the moment but from an initial look there seems to be nothing out of the ordinary there!

We would love to update the BES. Just waiting on the go ahead from the powers that be (people with the money!)

We have users using a 9900 (Bold) and there emails are working fine though.

It's odd, I googled this and got very few results back, I would have thought it could be a more common problem but apparently not!

Thanks again for your help so far.

New Contributor
pmarques
My Device: 9790

Was a solution ever found? I have an user with the exact same problem, also with a 9790, and we're also on a 4.1 version of BES.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

pmarques wrote:
Was a solution ever found? I have an user with the exact same problem, also with a 9790, and we're also on a 4.1 version of BES.

What SP level and MR? there are many. I never saw this issue on my 4.1.7 MR3 server.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
pmarques
My Device: 9790

Thanks for the reply. Managed to find the problem, which was an enabled firewall :/. There were exceptions for contact list so it looked like only internal mail was coming through. Odd that wiping the settings didn't clear it.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

pmarques wrote:
Thanks for the reply. Managed to find the problem, which was an enabled firewall :/. There were exceptions for contact list so it looked like only internal mail was coming through. Odd that wiping the settings didn't clear it.

that is not odd, BES does an OTA backup of many device settings.

it is enabled by default in 4.1 and 5.0, list of what is backed up in this KB

How to enable Automatic Wireless Backup for a BlackBerry smartphone on a BlackBerry Enterprise Serve...

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Forums Advisor I
freakinvibe
My Device: Q10

"which was an enabled firewall :/. There were exceptions for contact list so it looked like only internal mail was coming through."

Good find! But the user must have changed that himself, because blocking Enterprise Mail is not ticked in the firewall by default.