Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Contributor
daimyos
My Carrier: AT&T

Blackberry Administration Service Page will not load

[ Edited ]

Hi Blackberry Support,

I've been encountering this issue ever since I re-installed the BES Server and moved the database to a dedicated SQL Server. Everything else seems to work fine users are able to send and receive messages and all the services are running without issue including the BlackBerry Administration Service - Application Server. Now I've read through the logs but I haven't been able to pin point exactly what could be causing this issue.

I have the following log message popping up quite frequently 

[EXTS] Error happened when parsing extension config xml which is being thrown from the Blackberry Extension 1

One of the other logs the Web_log is generating this error below

May 26, 2011 8:24:21 AM org.apache.catalina.connector.Connector stopSEVERE: Coyote connector has not been started

May 26, 2011 8:28:42 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.Embedded startINFO: Starting tomcat server

May 26, 2011 8:28:42 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine startINFO: Starting Servlet Engine: Apache Tomcat/6.0.28

May 26, 2011 8:28:42 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig defaultWebConfigINFO: No default web.xml

May 26, 2011 8:28:42 AM org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext logINFO: AdministrationController (Status):init

May 26, 2011 8:28:42 AM org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext logINFO: C:\Program Files (x86)\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Enterprise Server\MDS\Servers\Instance

May 26, 2011 8:28:42 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig defaultWebConfigINFO: No default web.xml

May 26, 2011 8:28:42 AM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11NioProtocol initINFO: Initializing Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8080

May 26, 2011 8:28:42 AM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11NioProtocol startINFO: Starting Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8080

May 26, 2011 8:28:42 AM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11NioProtocol initSEVERE: Error initializing endpointjava.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Program Files (x86)\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Enterprise Server\MDS\Servers\Instance\..\..\webserver\webserver.keystore (The system cannot find the file specified)at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method)at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.NioEndpoint.init(NioEndpoint.java:834)at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11NioProtocol.init(Http11NioProtocol.java:136)at org.apache.catalina.connector.Connector.initialize(Connector.java:1014)at org.apache.catalina.startup.Embedded.start(Embedded.java:830)at net.rim.application.ipproxyservice.TomcatThread.startTomcat(Unknown Source)at net.rim.application.ipproxyservice.TomcatThread.run(Unknown Source)

The Environment

Its running on a Windows 2003 x64 Server SP2

Blackberry Enterprise Server Version 5.0 SP3

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
freakinvibe
My Carrier: Swisscom

Re: Blackberry Administration Service Page will not load

Have you tried to recreate the SSL certificate? For instructions, see this KB article:

"The BlackBerry Administration Service page does not open due to an invalid "web.keystore" file"

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/viewContent.do?externalId=KB18260&sliceId=1
Please use plain text.
Contributor
daimyos

Hi Freak,

Thank you for taking the time to try and help me with this I just tried that,  I'm still unable to access the site for the Blackberry Administration Service - Application Server is now stopping after a period of time. I think the issues is with this service and not anything else as the users can still send and receive messages its just that I'm unable to access the administration site to make any changes.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Did you reinstall BES before or after you switched SQL servers?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info. SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

No Sleep Till BlackBerry 10, A BlackBerry Song by Lil E Click here to listen

See me at BlackBerry Fans Get Hands-On BlackBerry 10 Demo

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

Please use plain text.
Contributor
daimyos

We did the re-install after we switched the sql servers. I looked through some of logs pertaining to that service and  Icame across this 

getLocalJNDIPortFromServicePortBindingsFile could not find the local JNDI port from the line '         <binding port=""/>', service port bindings file 'server/default/conf/service-port-bindings.xml'

This is the last errors it throws in the log before the services stops.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

JNDI port was set to 1099 which was conflicting with another app for a few

what is yours bound to?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info. SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ

Please use plain text.
Contributor
daimyos

Looks at the following key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\BAS-AS\Parameters

JVM Option Number 2 is set to -Xms128m and JVM Option Number 3 is set to -Xmx1024m

P.S. I'm not sure if this is where I should be going to get that info
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope

typical is set to the following, yours seem too low

\

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\BAS-AS\Parameters\JVM Option Number 3

-Xmx1024m
by
-Xmx768m

Please use plain text.
Contributor
daimyos

I just changed the JVM Option Number 2 to -Xmx768m and restarted the services, but the Blackberry Administration Service - Application Server is still doing the same thign where the service will start and run for a short period of time then stop

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope

Java been updated? Dont update it, it is not needed but check the following

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB14697

Please use plain text.