Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Contributor
harrop106
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: vodaphone

Blackberry Administration Service connection OTA

Hi,

I have a trial copy of mobile fusion including device manager which I'm just having issue after issue with. I've finally managed to get the software working and even a test device attached to a user. All seems fine but when the playbook is detached from the USB cable is ceases to  contact the server. With this the playbook also receives an error 503 when trying to use the browser within the work environment. To me this is pretty useless.

This may just be my misunderstanding of how it works but I thought that this would allow us to connect plabooks (and other such devices) to the corporate network in the same way as a BES server allows secure access for their smart  phones. Our BES server works fine by the way. After the disappointment of the initial release of the playbook, I was clutching onto some hope that we may be getting somewhere however I fear that this launch will be just as disappointing as that of the initial playbook launch (in fact without this the playbook all together).

As a development piece of software I would expect a limited amount of support but none at all is beyond the joke. RIM have refused to give any support to me as I don't have a support contract, really!! For the past 4 years I've been all for blackberry and taken so much abuse from colleagues while supporting RIM as they've all moved to ios and android devices and been putting pressure on the company to move that way.

Anyway i'm going off track a little bit so is there anyone with a fully functional install yet?

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
arf
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Blackberry Administration Service connection OTA

Hello,

What is your question ?
Want you to know if anyone have a correct installation ?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
harrop106

Hi,

Yes i'm wondering if anyone has a fully working installation and if this installation gives them the ability to browse the company network (web or otherwise). I'm just trying to establish ive ive done something wrong or what I need doesnt exist.

What ive noticed is that my playbook isnt contacting the server via any other connection other than when connected to a company computer.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
arf
My Device: Not Specified

Hello,

I have a successfull installation.

I am able to assign an email profile to a Playbook user and it work wired and wireless.

The browsing work with the "Work" browser and with the playbook browser.

When I use the "Work" browser, the flows are redirected to the BES server,  I have no intranet web site (it's a test BDS) but I suppose that it will work if I have one.

I hope this helps you.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
harrop106

ok so at least I know that the functionality is there but now I need to find out what is wrong with my setup which is stopping the wireless connection.

Any idea's?

Thanks.

Please use plain text.