Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9700

Blackberry Bold 9900 Contact/Calendar Sync Issues

Hi,

I have a user who backed up his old 9600 and wants to be able to use his contacts and calendar items form his old Blackberry on his new Bold 9900 and merge them with Outlook 2010.

I've been able to activate his phone via our Enterprise Server without issue. In order to restore the appropriate libraries I need to delete the corresponding desktop service books CICAL and SYNC for calendar and contact restores to work form the Blackberry Desktop Software.

Once the restore is completed I cannot undelete the SYNC service book - it just vanishes. If I delete all three - CMIME, CICAL and SYNC and resend the service books they all populate and are wirelessly syncing supposedly but the restored contacts and calendars appear on different lists if I go under the options for either.

What's strange is there is no option to wirelessly sync these addition lists, nor merge them to my knowledge. I've also tried to restore first and then activate but both lead to the same end result. Now the user has all the contacts/calendar items on his Blackberry but nothing except for tasks for some reason has seemed to sync.

I have also tried to reboot the Blackberry Synchronization services to no avail. Is there a proper procedure for this - I can't seem to figure it out!

Regards,

Joss

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Blackberry Bold 9900 Contact/Calendar Sync Issues

are these entries that are missing from the orig email account?

If not you might have to manually sync them to outlook with a one way sync on desktop manager.

backup/export to PST current cotacts etc, as I have wipe out them before

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9700

It was a user's Blackberry from a previous company so the phone was the only source of his contacts - I had backed it up using the Desktop software and tried to restore to his new phone from which it could sync to his Outlook. Since the contacts/calendar entries are sitting in separate groups that are not syncing I have no way to manually push them to the desktop.

I can disable the service books but then when I try and restore them the SYNC never comes back. It's a mess more or less. I did find this article about a merge tool which I'm willing to try:

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do?noCount=true&externalId=KB22962&sliceId=1&cm...

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

it wont work, you need to one way sync to outlook with desktop manager. Back up current contacts cause the will be gone with one way sync.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V