Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Contributor
adrenaline_x
My Device: Iphone 4 - S3 - Z10 - PlayBook - Nexus 7
My Carrier: Super Duper Scooby Doo Network

Blackberry Enterprise services 10 - BDS 6.x -- BB z10 - TCP ports through work perimeter?

[ Edited ]

So far i see that the Browser in the work perimeter flows through the company firewall and infastructure allows users to connect to the internal intranet sites.

I also see that the Blackberry Work Drive app works as well.

What i really want and need is to be able to RDP (using Remote Desktop for Blackberry) to also flow through the BDS connection an into the internal network in order to be able to connect our servers without the need for a vpn (since i can't get it to work with our watchgaurd vpn (ipsec or ssl)).  

Are there specific port that have access to the internal network through the BDS service?  

I contacted the Dev and he is already looking into this but hasn't had much luck getting a straight answer from BB.

I should note that i added the application to our BES 10 Applications list and then to the software configuration which is attached to my user account and was able to download the app to my work perimeter, but all my connections to internal servers or external servers fail almost immediately.  If i install the app on my personal perimeter i can access external servers that have RDP enabled. 

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
oliwer
My Device: BB10 and WiFi PB
My Carrier: .

Re: Blackberry Enterprise services 10 - BDS 6.x -- BB z10 - TCP ports through work perimeter?

Can you share the link to the app you are using?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
adrenaline_x
My Device: Iphone 4 - S3 - Z10 - PlayBook - Nexus 7
My Carrier: Super Duper Scooby Doo Network

Re: Blackberry Enterprise services 10 - BDS 6.x -- BB z10 - TCP ports through work perimeter?

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
oliwer
My Device: BB10 and WiFi PB
My Carrier: .

Can't test - no trial available for this app :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
rebootln
My Device: PB
My Carrier: TELUS

i am having the same issue - the app cannot connect to rdp 

i talked to the developer and he claims that only http and https ports work - but the Blackberry (RIM) Workk drives does work too

WHen i talked to the support - they told me that the full tcp stack is available but i am not sure if the support person actually knew what they were saying

i will get further confirmation on this and contact Todd (developer) again - but i am sure his info is more correct.

Please use plain text.