Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
My Device: Galaxy SIII
My Carrier: Orange
Accepted Solution

Blackberry Fusion Help

Hi All,

I am having some problems with Blackberry Fusion.  I have successfully installed Blackberry Fusion Studio and Universal Device Service onto a Windows Server 2008 R2 instance.  I have configured the domain setup on the UDS and it searches my active directory properly and finds users, it also successfully sends activation emails.  

I have had to change a default port on UDS as we are already using port 443 and cannot do anymore port forwarding with it  so instead I am using port 446.  I have successfully forwarded this port to my UDS instance and when I download the Mobile Fusion app on an iOS or Android device I can successfully activate my device with Fusion and I also get my Wife profiles which I have created for a group.  

What I don't get is any active sync on iOS devices and things like remotely locking the device do not seem to work on both Android and iOS and I was wondering what I have missed.  If I look in the communication logs all I see is action.lock request and that's it.  

I have tried different ports on the local firewall and even disabling the firewall but this makes no difference.

Is there anymore port forwarding I need to do on the router, or any settings I am missing, any help is really appreciated!

Adam

Contributor
My Device: n/a
My Carrier: n/a

Re: Blackberry Fusion Help

just an off topic question - did you add the UDS MDM domain to fusion studio or just your BESX domain? 

New Contributor

Hi,

I added UDS into Bes Fusion as part of the Fusion Studio install

Contributor
My Device: n/a
My Carrier: n/a

did you pay for the certificate or did you make it your self? If so how? 

New Contributor

Made it myself,

Signed it using CA services within Windows Server 2008 R2 and made sure that the CN matches all my dns entries.  

I also made sure I created an APN certificate and I have also imported all these certificates and installed them on iOS devices

BlackBerry Employee
My Device: Not Specified

Hi mrshultz

When you issue a command, the Core service will send a request to Apples APNS via port 2195 which tells the device to call home so verify if 2195 is open from Core.

Also if the device is using WiFi for communication, you will need to have port 5223 on the WiFi profile open so the device can connect to apples APNS.

If the above are confirmed, can you look  at the Core logs and see what is logged when the lock command is initiated?

New Contributor

Hi FaceMan, Thanks for the reply, I had a look at the core logs and I have noticed some poke errors with regards to the apn certificate and I believe I haven't imported it as per the fusion manual which may explain the errors. Once I have rectified this I will post back. Could you also clarify what I need to do with port 2195. Do I just need to add a rule on windows firewall or will I have to open that port on the router with a forward to my UDS server?
New Contributor

Hi All,

Just to let you know I have now resolved the issue.

I had not imported the APN certificate correctly into the certificate store.  I have since imported the APN certificate in and my iOS devices are now working as expected

Thanks

Adam