Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Contributor
amitaggarwal
My Device: Not Specified

Blackberry Lync integration in different domains

Hello, We are in the phase of upgrading our Blackberry server to 5.0.3 and OCS 2007 to Lync. I have completed all the setup and the emails are flowing for the Blackberry users. But the issue is they are not able to login to Lync from Blackberry device. My Lync server is in Parent domain (parent.com) and Blackberry Server in child domain (child.parent.com). All Lync users have their sip id as loginid@parent.com. When a user connects I cannot see any traffic coming to Lync server from Blackberry server. I have tried to make the default domain to parent.com and also child.parent.com in Collaboration service details on Blackberry server, but still no luck. All the Blackberry users in parent.com are able to login fine from the Blackberry server in parent domain. I tried to login with a user of child domain from a blackberry device in parent domain and it worked fine. Only issue is when a user tries to login from child domain Blackberry server. Please let me know how to resolve the same. Thanks
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Blackberry Lync integration in different domains

Is the service account BESAdmin in the parent or child domain?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Contributor
amitaggarwal

The BESAdmin account is in Child Domain
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

and the BES users in the parent domain are using the same BESAdmin account?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Contributor
amitaggarwal

No both Blackberry servers both in parent domain and child domain have different BESAdmin accounts. Parent domain has parentbesadmin and child domain has childbesadmin.
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Fooled
My Device: Blackberry BOLD 9700
My Carrier: ATT

Purely speculating here but based on: "The BlackBerry Collaboration Service installed in the same Microsoft

Active Directory domain as Microsoft Lync Server 2010"

I would assume that a parent/child domain would not work...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
amitaggarwal

I also read this that Blackberry collaboration server and Lync should be in the same domain as per the below article. But I am not sure for the same. http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB26429 Is there any work around
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Fooled
My Device: Blackberry BOLD 9700
My Carrier: ATT

Reading the install guide, as well as the article you posted I would say this is possible only in the following scenerio:

Lync server is is one domain, BES with collabortion piece installed/configured in the same domain as the Lync server, then configure through the BAS for the BES to use the collab instance in the other domain...

Make sense?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
amitaggarwal

Your solution is kind of making sense, but I need to try it. I followed the link (http://backalleytech.com/2011/03/01/adding-bes-host-to-a-bes-collaboration-server-in-bas/) to check and change the server, but I don't see my parent domain collaboration server. Add button is also not active. Please let me know how I can add my parent domain collaboration server to child domain.
Please use plain text.