Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

JPK
Contributor
JPK
My Device: Z10

Re: Blackberry World - Work can't download

I can confirm that doing the Security wipe and reactivating the phone fixes the issue.

Contributor
Sysgen
My Device: Torch 9800, Playbook 16G, Playbook 32G

Did you do a backup, wipe and restore? I just hope that doing the restore of previous settings does not bring the problem back!
JPK
Contributor
JPK

Sorry, I didn't. It is only a test phone so I didnt' really have anything on it that needed to be backed up.

Contributor
Sysgen

Great, the security update failed and I now have a picture of a phone and usb connection. I DID not disconnect or interrupt the process in any way. I am now following this procedure.

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do;jsessionid=1E228C87F4522814A92A74063CADE977?...
JPK
Contributor
JPK

Yeah, that happened to me the first time I wiped the phone. What a PITA. Looks like there are still quite a few bugs to work out not to mention all the missing features from BES 10. I'm just glad we got to test it out before buying. I think I will wait until the mystical updated BES comes out, hopefully it will fill in a lot of the gaps.

One other thing, does anyone find that the phone flips to landscape mode way to easily? If I place the phone down on the table it seems to flip on me?

Contributor
Sysgen

Haven't heard about that mystical BES10 update, care to share :smileyhappy:

Yes, I find that too but not all the time.
JPK
Contributor
JPK

I've just seen on the boards that there is a BES 10 update coming in May that will allow you to activate BB 6, 7 and 10 devices all on the same server, no more need for seperate servers. This is just a rumor though, not sure if it is confirmed. 

You will also be able to have just a WorkSpace so if you are handing out company phones you don't have to have a personal space.

I'm also hoping we will be able to set email signatures, lock info, setup network drives for the user using Blackberry Work Drives, etc....

Contributor
Sysgen

Yup, all things I also would like to see :smileyhappy:
Contributor
javajunkee
My Device: Blackberry 8900

-BD- wrote:

The following KB now exists for this:

KB33705

I can confirm this worked for me. Very frustrating as I spent 3 - 4 hours yesterday struggling with this issue. I'm not quite sure how to tell the CEO (who is currently piloting/evaluating a Blackberry 10), that we'll need to wipe his device.

- looks out the windows and rolls his eyes -

---------------------------------------------------------
BES 5.0.3 MR 8 (Bundle 256)
-Server 2008 SP2 64-bit Standard (ESX 4)
Exchange 2010 SP2
-Server 2008 SP1 64-bit Enterprise
Contributor
Sysgen

Same scenario, I've just done it on my CEO's phone and it worked. Another bug now, since the restore or maybe it was like that before, if I click on the phone and then contacts, I have no contacts !!!!! What ! But I do have contacts in the Contacts App