Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

JPK
Contributor
My Device: Z10
Accepted Solution

Blackberry World - Work can't download

Hello Everyone,

I've got BES 10 (BDS6.2) running, I have a user setup, they are getting their email, calendar and contacts just fine. Everything is working well except I'm trying to deploy Blackberry Work Drives.

I've followed the Admin guide on deploying a Blackberry World app, the app shows up on the device under Public Apps in the Blackberry World - Work, but when I click on Download the button just fades but the download never starts?

I have 11 GB free on the device, I can access the internet using the work browser and the personal browser. I can download and install apps just fine in the personal space. Not sure what else to try?

Enterprise SME

Re: Blackberry World - Work can't download

I've seen this issue before.  Unfortunately the workaround to get this running again is to security wipe the device.   If you backup through Link first you shouldn't lose any user data.

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800, Playbook 16G, Playbook 32G

I have the same exact problem, I can install Work Drives on my phones but my bosses phone has the same symptoms, I click on Download, it fades and nothing happens :smileysad:

Surely there is a better solution than a full wipe? It's brand new, just activated it on BES and that's the first thing I tried and it didn't work.

Enterprise SME

It was only activated once?
JPK
Contributor

The phone I'm using has already been security wiped, but there have been a few activations on since then. I will try it again, it's only a test phone so no big deal. The only problem is the last time I did it I had to reinstall the Os on the phone since it wouldn't boot after doing the security wipe.
Contributor

I'n my case i've activated it 2 or 3 times because of issues with contacts, it makes a difference?

Contributor

So I need to do a full back, security wipe, restore and i should be back up? How do you do a security wipe?

Enterprise SME

Settings->Security Wipe and you'll be prompted to type blackberry.

Contributor

Ok, I'll try it tomorrow.
Enterprise SME

[ Edited ]

The following KB now exists for this:

KB33705