Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
DBelgra
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: ETISALAT

Blackberry Z10 on MS Exchange ActiveSync (Android and iPhone Handsets uses the same server and works fine)

Hi All -

I have been using Blackberry on corporate BES for the last six years and very happy with it. Never had any issue and everything just works.

Also tried using iPhone, Adroid and Windows Phone 8 all accessing the same corporate email server with MS Exchange ActiveSync support, they all worked but the ease of use and user friendlyness brought me back to Blackberry!

Immidiately after the Z10 was launched, without doing any research, bought one hoping the experience will be the same as the old Blackberry system. After a week of trying, and still do this point of writing, my Z10 is still not hooked up to our corporate email server and am really frustrated.

Our IT admin sent me the corporate certificates. Following the Blackberry instructions carefully I managed to import them into Z10. However the problem is when setting up the email account, the Z10 could not connect to the server. Also there is no way of know if the certificate are actually being used as there is nowhere in the setup to add it. 

I would really appreciate, if any of you experienced the same but managed to find a solution, to please help me out! Should you require additional information just let me know.

Thanks in advance!

Frustrated Z10 user :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
hmthepirate
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Blackberry Z10 on MS Exchange ActiveSync (Android and iPhone Handsets uses the same server and works fine)

Hello DBelgra and welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Sorry to hear you're having issues adding your Exchange account.

When you are in the Account set up, are you selecting the Work Account option or Microsoft Exchange Active Sync option? 

Does your work email have a Web Access option? If so, are you able to log into your account using the Web Access method?

Thanks!

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
DBelgra

Re: Blackberry Z10 on MS Exchange ActiveSync (Android and iPhone Handsets uses the same server and works fine)

Hi HMthePirate,

While trying to add an email account I use the advance mode and selected MS Exchange Activesync option. I have all the details required for the configuration i.e. Username, password, server address and port number.

Yes our email has Web Access option support and I can use it without any issues using Internet explorer.

Btw, our IT admin said that the Blackberry 10 / MS Exchange Activesync can't handle two certificates at the same time i.e the Domain certificate and personal certificate.

Regards,

Den

Please use plain text.
hmthepirate

Have you confirmed with your IT Admin that Active Sync is enabled on your Exchange server?

What is your Exchange version?

Thanks!

-HMthePirate

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
DBelgra

Yes MS ActiveSync is enabled on our Exchange Server, hence iPhone and Android handset can connect and receive email.

Please use plain text.
hmthepirate

We would need to analyze device logs regarding this issue.

Please contact your mobile network carrier and ask they open a support ticket with BlackBerry.

Thanks!

-HMthePirate

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor
-BD-
My Carrier: Rogers

The BlackBerry Z10 currently doesn't support manually associating user certificates with Exchange Activesync profiles. To use user certificates to authenticate to Exchange with the BlackBerry your company must have a BDS server setup. On the server a SCEP (Simple Certificate Enrollment Protocol) profile needs to be configured and associated with the Activesync profile. Then when these are pushed out to the device it will automatically request the user cert and authenticate to Exchange with it.

Check with your IT and see if this option is available for you.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
DBelgra

Does this means that if there's NO BDS the Z10 is nothing but a expensive paperweight in the corporate world?

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor
-BD-
My Carrier: Rogers

DBelgra wrote:

Does this means that if there's NO BDS the Z10 is nothing but a expensive paperweight in the corporate world?

No BDS means it won't work with user certificates.  Using credentials will work fine with ActiveSync however.

Please use plain text.
Visitor
Bernardodonnell
My Carrier: Vodafone

Hi there. Very same here. Did you get a fix? I can set up the personal emails no problem but my work email (Outlook / Exchange) just fails to connect to server. I spoke with Vodafone and their data "don't support you" team and they blame our IT people who in turn blame Vodafone. Having just waited ages for this phone and paid a weeks salary to buy it, this just seems pathetic. I know BB use stronger security but I do not and I repeat Do Not work for CIA, MI6, or any other national security team. This is why people look at me like I have 2 heads when I say that I use BB. It's just too much trouble. Considering that this was their attempt to avoid the history books. As our old school report said "must try harder".
Please use plain text.