Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Contributor
OwenB
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9700
Accepted Solution

CALS and SRP on new BES 5 Server

I'm performing an upgrade to BES 5, using the the cutover process. I have obtained a temp SRP to use, so we can run the current and new system at the same time (migrating the users over in groups).

Is it possible to use the same CALs from the BES 4.1 system in the new BES5 enviroment? 

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: CALS and SRP on new BES 5 Server

OwenB wrote:

I'm performing an upgrade to BES 5, using the the cutover process. I have obtained a temp SRP to use, so we can run the current and new system at the same time (migrating the users over in groups).

Is it possible to use the same CALs from the BES 4.1 system in the new BES5 enviroment? 

Yes most of them should be fine, there is an issue when using more than 1 free BPS CAL if you ever used one and an issue with SBS 15 user CAL. you will lnow when you add them in if it is an issue.

FYI

Click on BlackBerry Domain on the left pane.
Then in the right pane, select the 'Global' tab, expand 'Account', and choose 'License Management'.
You should see:
License Total:
Used:
Free:

or

From command-line, you can do the following:

bcp "select LicenseKey from BESMgmt.dbo.LicenseKeys where type = 0" queryout c:\licensekeys.txt -c -T -R -E -Sdbservername

That will export all installed license keys to the text file specified in the command. Just be sure to change dbservername to your SQL/MSDE server. This needs to be run from a server/machine that has bcp.exe installed, though (installed by default with SQL and MSDE installations).

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor
OwenB
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9700

Thanks - I've exported the license keys without issue. I do note that some of the license keys start with BESX35 - will these cause any problems given the move to v5?
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

try then and see, you will get a warning if they wont work.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V