Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
mjh75
My Device: Z10

CalDAV & CardDAV over BES 10.0 MDS

I have a customer who is using BES 10.0 (due to the perpetual CAL's) with Z10's, all will be upgraded to 10.2.1 soon. We are using Exchange and have email, contacts and calendars working fine. We have an in-house application that produces contact and calendar data and uses CardDAV and CalDAV respectively. Internally or when connected via an external VPN the Z10 can sync with the CardDAV and CalDAV server. However, when only connected via the cellular network the Z10's cannot contact the DAV server (RFC1918 IP address and behind a very restrictive firewall). I had assumed that the device would route the internal traffic through the MDS tunnel back to the internal server and just work. Apparently, that is not the case.

Is there any way to make it work as I assumed it would or do I need to find another way to get this information pushed out to the Z10's?

Thanks,

Michael

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: CalDAV & CardDAV over BES 10.0 MDS

is the CalDav account installed on persoanl side? then it wont use MDS

can yu explain more about this ap?

The Z10 uses Active sync and updates should arrive to it

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
mjh75
My Device: Z10

Re: CalDAV & CardDAV over BES 10.0 MDS

I wasn't aware that accounts could be added specifically to the Work side. I just tried adding it that way and it will not connect at all to the server.The logs on the server are showing no traffic coming in from anywhere including the MDS.While in the Work side I can use the browser to access the DAV URL and it does flow through the MDS as expected.

The situation that I am using CalDAV and CardDAV for is an additional Address book and Calendar. The additional address book and calendar are maintained by an internal web application and provides a CalDAV and CardDAV interface to have this available to the phones. These are readonly and are to be configured on all of the employees phones so they all have access to Volunteer contact and scheduling information. We do NOT want this in the Exchange calendar and contacts.

Yes, the Z10 does support ActiveSync and that works fine with Exchange and that does work as expected.