Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Contributor
griffisblessing
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Calendar items entered in Outlook will not sync to Blackberry

[ Edited ]

I'm struggling with a few of our devices.  They don't seem to receive any updated Calendar information from Outlook.  I've done lots of research online and it seems that most people have trouble going the other way (things entered on the BB do not show up in Outlook).  BB to Outlook sync is working great for us.

I also found that some people had problems with wireless sysnc after installing the Facebook app.  This effected user of ours did have the FB app installed, so I removed it.  I've resent the Service Books, I've reregistered the device with the cell network, I've even wiped the device and re-activated it on our BES.  When I re-activated it, it ran through just fine, but no Calendar info whatsoever was pushed to the device.

Any ideas on this?  I've confirmed that email wireless sync and contact wireless sync are working OK.  This is only for a few of our 30+ BB users.  We are running BES 5.0 MR2 with mailboxed on both Exch2003 and Exch2007.  MAPI CDO 1.2.1 is installed on the BES server.

Does anyone think that wiping the device and clearing all BB info from the user's account (remove/re-add the user on the BES) will help?

Any help is appreciated.  Thanks.

Message Edited by griffisblessing on 10-02-2009 01:33 PM
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Calendar items entered in Outlook will not sync to Blackberry

What version CDO.DLL is installed on BES and exchange?

KB04912 - How to check if and where the CDO.dll file is registered on the BlackBerry Enterprise Serv...If this does not work then search for it.

Use search on Exchange to find it and dont forget to look at hidden files during your search.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor
griffisblessing

[BES]

CDO.DLL is registered on the BES machine ... C:\Program Files\ExchangeMapi ... version 6.5.8069.0

*CDO.DLL still also exists in C:\Windows\System32 ... version 6.5.7651.61 ... I'm assuming this is from the previous install of Exch2003 System Manager (we just recently added an Exch2007 server to our environment, at which time I uninstalled the Exch2003 ESM from the BES machine and installed the MAPI CDO 1.2.1 package)

[Exchange 2003 Server]

C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\bin ... version 6.5.7654.12

[Exchange 2007 Server]

No CDO.DLL file found, but did find CDOSYS.DLL in C:\Windows ... version 6.6.6001.18000
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Try these for exchange

C:\Program Files (x86)\ExchangeMapi>filever cdo.dll

C:\Program Files (x86)\ExchangeMapi>filever EXMAPI32.DLL

Have you done any updates on exchange?

The CDO that is out is 6.5.8131.0

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=94274318-27c4-4d8d-9bc5-3e6484286b1f&Displa...

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Contributor
griffisblessing

I'm not quite sure what you're getting at here.  I only have a C:\Program Files\ExchangeMapi folder on the BES.  Are you saying to leave the CDO.DLL files on my Exchange servers alone, and update the CDO.DLL and EXMAPI32.DLL files on the BES?

EXMAPI32.DLL on BES is version 6.5.8069.0

Thanks.

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

Sorry words only are tough sometimes on forums.

I mean use that on command prompt on exchange to see the version of those files.

Dont touch or modify the CDO files just yet.

We need to know what they are frst on exchange

I am betting your might have updated exchange to a higher level than was BES is on.

Contributor
griffisblessing

I posted the file versions above.  The CDO version on the BES is higher than that of the Exchange 2003 server.  The Exchange 2007 server does not have a CDO.DLL file.

When I recently implemented the Exchange 2007 server in our environment I was told that Exch 2003 ESM had to be uninstalled from the BES, and in its place to install MAPI CDO 1.2.1 (and this would enable communication with the Exch 2007 server and provide backwards compatibility for the Exch 2003 server).  Does that all sound correct?

Thanks.

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

[ Edited ]

Yes it is backwards compatable and CDO 1.2.1 is the way to go instead of ESM. 

If unable to find out what version exchange is using then get this newer version for BES. 

The CDO.DLL  6.5.8131.0

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=94274318-27c4-4d8d-9bc5-3e6484286b1f&Displa...

This also show how to update it as well.

KB15779 - How to install Microsoft Exchange Server Messaging Application Programming Interface Clien...

You could also run MS update on the BES server to do the same as above.

Message Edited by knottyrope on 10-02-2009 03:20 PM

Contributor
griffisblessing

[ Edited ]

Ugh.  The more I look at this the more frustrated I get.  We did our recent Exchange 2007 implementations and BES 5.0 upgrade fairly close to each other, so that's making it harder to narrow down what exactly did cause the problem.  All this CDO stuff is a mess though (IMO), and quite frustrating.

The only communication problem we're seeing now (and before I started this thread) is sending Calendar info from Exchange to the BB device.  Everything else seems to be working fine.  Does that make any sense?  Why would communication only one way be effected?

Also, in digging in the MAGT log file for our Exchange 2007 server, I found teh following errors.  Please let me know if this is at all related.  Thanks.

==========================

[30002] (10/02 13:02:40.738):{0x1FC8} Server = gbmail2007, Mailbox = /O=Griffis Blessing/OU=GB/cn=Recipients/cn=username Description = The Microsoft Exchange Server computer is not available.  Either there are network problems or the Microsoft Exchange Server computer is down for maintenance. [Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store - [MAPI_E_FAILONEPROVIDER(8004011D)]]
[30180] (10/02 13:02:40.738):{0x1FC8} {username} CDOCalendar::Initialize - Error in call m_spCalendarFolder = m_spCDOSession->GetDefaultFolder
[40000] (10/02 13:02:40.738):{0x1FC8} CDO initializing failure in CDO helper 014A1A30 (5)
[40580] (10/02 13:02:41.738):{0x1FC8} CDO helper 014A1A30 closing after CDO initialize failure
[40000] (10/02 13:02:41.785):{0x2258} {username@domain.com} CDO helper 014A1A30 returned error 'CAL_CDO_INIT_FAILED' failed for LongTermEntryId=554809 in LaunchCalHelper
[40000] (10/02 13:02:41.785):{0x2258} {username@domain.com} Unable to process message with EntryId=554808, LongTermEntryId=554809 in GetInvitationInfo

Message Edited by griffisblessing on 10-02-2009 04:15 PM
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

Why would communication only one way be effected?

CDO.DLL mismatch is usually the cause.

Other than that it could be permissions related. Double check with this doc.

KB12483 - Setting account permissions in Microsoft Exchange Server 2007