Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Contributor
griffisblessing
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Calendar items entered in Outlook will not sync to Blackberry

Holy crap! So I ran through the update process outlined in KB15779 and that seems to have resolved the issue. I'm not sure what part of that process it was that made the BES so happy, but honestly I don't really care.  :smileyvery-happy:

There were no Calendar entries on the user's BB after I had wiped it then re-activated it on our BES.  After running the MAPI/CDO update on the BES, I used the Admin Service to sync the Calendar.  It pushed out all of the Calendar entries to the BB.  I tested to make sure I could add/remove entries both from the device and in Outlook.  All seems to be well.

Let's let this thread die for now.  Maybe it'll bring someone happiness some other day.

Thanks so much.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

[ Edited ]

Mark the thread as solved when you are happy with it.

I am betting you upgraded the CDO.DLL on the BES and that fixed it.

Message Edited by knottyrope on 10-02-2009 05:17 PM

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
avelinop01

I am having the same problem but I'm not sure the updating the CDO on the BES will solve it as it is already registered with the CDO 1.2.1 update.  Would it help help to register the cdo.dll?  I looked in the registry and it looked fine.

BES CDO Version - 6.5.8131.0

Exchange 2003 Version - 6.5.7654.12

BES is 5.0 runing on w2k3 r2 x64

Exchange 2k3 sp2 running on w2k3 x32

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

If it is not registered it could be an issue.

Your version on BES is higher than the version on Exchange which is good. Best to match but  CDO 1.2.1 is backwards compatable. Possible that a newer version is out that may clear up things.

Is you BESAdmin user accoutn only a domain\user?

No other groups?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
avelinop01

I have registered the CDO on the BES just in case.  The admin account is also member of an exchange admins account that doesn't have admin rights.  We are migrating from Goodlink and the Goodadmin account has the same rights.  I have removed it just in case.  After registering the CDO, do I have to restart the BES services?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
avelinop01

I have also realized the the Exchange Full Administrator right was given to the user as well as the view only right.  Could this have caused a problem?

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

Exchange permissions can be a PITA.

I would create a new one if possible.

KB04293 - How to switch BlackBerry Enterprise Server service accounts

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
nprato
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Digitel

Go back to 4.7 'til 5.0 debugged. That;s the only solution I got. Nothing in 5.0 that pays for so much sync prroblems,. My time is more important doing what helps me make money. Leave the product developing problems for developers, that's how THEY make money. Trust me!!!!

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

nprato wrote:

Go back to 4.7 'til 5.0 debugged. That;s the only solution I got. Nothing in 5.0 that pays for so much sync prroblems,. My time is more important doing what helps me make money. Leave the product developing problems for developers, that's how THEY make money. Trust me!!!!

There is no version 4.7 of BES, and how would you suggest he downgrades his serever?

Please use plain text.