Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Contributor
jfinger
My Device: Tour 9630 and Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Calendary sync issue after applying BES v5 SP3

Sorry to hear that.  No, still no resolution to this.  There is a ton of information about this one way calendar sync issue out there.  Everything points to CDO versions and permissions on the besadmin account.  I have found nothing regarding this failing after the application of SP3 to BES v5.0.  My service account is fine - already tried creating a new one and switching services.  Support had me remove Exchange System Manager and installing a different CDO package.  This didn't work.  Ended up blowing it away and installing v5.0.2 instead.  Everything worked with the same versions of MAPI/CDO (installed from Exchange System Manager), same service account.  This blew up as soon as SP3 was introduced.  I am so glad this wasn't a production server that I applied a patch.  I'm a small enough shop that I know my way around BES, but don't have the dedicated time or resources to manage this to the extent this requires. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
cdocrazy
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: Telstra

Re GAL - checking now..

Re LSA issues, DCs are 2003 SP2, so would assume fixed, but I will check DLL versions now..

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jfinger

knottyrope, yes, besadmin is in the gal and vice versa.  I can even log into Windows as besadmin, open Outlook, click File / Open / Other Users Folder, select a user and their calendar and create a new calendar entry for the user as besadmin. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
MaxTPower
My Device: Not Specified

Install MFCMapi on the BES which can be downloaded from http://mfcmapi.codeplex.com/

Open MFCMapi and see if you can resolve a user's mailbox.
Click on Session menu then Logon and Display Store Table .
Click the New Button
The MS Outlook Wizard will open. Click Next
Type the name of the affected user
Click Next
Type the Exchange Server Name and the affected user's mailbox.
Click Next and Click Next again. Then the finish button.
Then click OK.
We should see the users mailbox and public folders (if any).
Double click on the users mailbox and see if you can expand the root container and the top of the information store and double click on the calendar.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
cdocrazy

Re GAL, BEs account for server 1 was there, but new BES account for server 2 wasnt... Did RecipentUpdate on EX box.. appears now. Have rebooted BEs server 2 and testing again soon.

Will try MFCMapi now..

FYI, in my case, all users affected..
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
cdocrazy

Re MFCMapi.. have down above, and get no errors looking at user Calendar folders while logged in on BES as the BesAdmin service account...

Maybe I wipe everything and install 5.0.1 or 5.0.2 instead.....???????
Please use plain text.
Contributor
jfinger

Downloaded MFCMAPI, and can browse the information store down to the calendar of the user and see the calendar entries. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jfinger

Well, I figured out what's going on.  My Windows 2003 BES server build is in VMware.  Today, I installed v5.0.3 on a physical box with a local database (all other attempts have been remote DB's) and calendar sync works just fine.  So, I rebuilt in VMware, Windows 2003, BES v5.0.3 with a local DB.  Calendar sync  does not work.  What is different about Windows 2003/BES in VMware?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jfinger

Well, I figured it out.  When you create a guest VM in VMware ESXi v4, it creates the NIC using "e1000", as in, Intel Pro 1000 MT.  If you remove this NIC and add the "Flexible" NIC, everything works.  In the guest OS, this NIC shows as "VMware Accelerated AMD PCNet Adapter". 

Crazy this one difference causes SP3 to fail on calendar sync.  I have submitted logs to tech support along with these details. 

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Thanks for reporting back with some details, I hope it helps out some others.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.