Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Contributor
dperlberg
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: ATT

Camera & Work Workspace

I have read somewhere that this is a "feature" but it seems like it may be a deal breaker for me using in our organization unless there is a work around. So when I take a picture with the camera the pictures ALWAYS go into the personal workspace meaning I cannot email them using my work email etc. We have tons of need/use of taking pictures at events/etc and emailing them to others in our organization for quick posting on web sites/press releases, etc.

Does anybody know if there is an easy work around on this? Or is this something planned to be addressed? I cannot see anything on my BES10 server that would allow me to change this. It makes no sense that BB assumes that pictures can only be for personal use???

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
freakinvibe
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Swisscom

Re: Camera & Work Workspace

From the Z10 help:

"Where are the pictures I just took?

If your BlackBerry device uses BlackBerry Balance technology, attachments saved from work email messages are only accessible in the work space. Any pictures taken using your device camera, wether you opened the Camera app from your work or personal space, are stored in your personal space."

Hopefully this changes with 10.1 where you have camera-related IT policies and you can remove the personal space.
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
mirmujahed
My Device: Blackberry Curve
My Carrier: STC

Did you get any solution for this issue brother?

Please use plain text.
Developer
joanb
My Device: Z10 + PlayBook 64GB
My Carrier: Vodafone

Hi,

(bump)

No answer yet?

BES10 administrator for several customers.
"SMPTE Calculator" timecode APP developer for BB10
Please use plain text.