Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

fdbrovo
My Device: Bes 5 9000

Can not change user contact database in Bes Domino

[ Edited ]
We updated Bes 4.1.6.22 to 5.0.1.58 on a windows 2003 standard 64bit in a Domain. Domino version 8.5.2 32bit. SQL from the BES installation. The OS and the Domino Server are only for BES.

All our users have their contact database on a Domino Server in the same directory with another filename. For some users, I am able to change the Domino Server and the database root and name for the contacts database.
For some users not.
I have set PrepopulatePIMForiNotesUsers to 0 in the registrie.

All Users have the same mailfile template, same domino server, same notes so on.

By the users, of whom I can not change the database, the bes takes the contacts from the mail file, like iNotes do.

Image with user to change and user not to change, both are domino admins
is to be found in http://www.dobrovolny.at/bes.jpg
Regular Contributor
noname
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: ★

Re: Can not change user contact database in Bes Domino

As per KB20346, it says that the key "PrepopulatePIMForiNotesUsers" works only for IBM Lotus iNotes users whose mail file uses a template prior to R8. R8 doesn't synchronize Contacts, it replicates (although it does synchronize to the Journal)...

Try using the AllowUnsyncedINotes key.

The AllowUnsyncedINotes key enables wireless organizer data synchronization support for local IBM Lotus Domino web access (IBM Lotus iNotes) accounts that have not synchronized with the IBM Lotus Domino mail server.

• 1 - If this value is set to 1, the relative paths for all PIM sources are populated.
  • 0 - If this value is set to 0, or the registry key doesn't exist, the relative paths for all PIM sources are not populated. (This is the default setting.)
  •  

Link: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB20346

Otherwise, I know a workaround, but it will requires your LotusScript skill.  Basically the reason why it auto-populate the mail file is because of the presence of a profile document named "inotesprofile" in the user's mail file.  Removing it will help.  You can test on one user mail file first if you like.

Create an agent and run it in the mail file:-

Sub Initialize
      Dim s As New notessession
      Set db = s.CurrentDatabase
      Set doc = db.getprofiledocument("inotesprofile")
      If Not doc.isnewnote Then Call doc.remove(True)
    End Sub

My Device: 9700
    My Carrier: ★

Re: Can not change user contact database in Bes Domino

For those user that you cannot edit the filepath, check out KB20552

Link: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB20552