Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
paulnott
My Device: curve

Can't login to Blackberry Administration Service after installation member server server 2008 x64

This is driving me mad : followed the instructions to the letter but still can't login to the admin server.

Our net work is as follows

Server 1

SBS2008 64bit

Single Quad core Xeon 8GB ram 2 x 273 raid 5 partitions

Running Domain Controller

Exchange 2007, DHCP, DNS, File and Print

Server 2

Server 2008 32bit

Single Quad core Xeon 8GB

Running Terminal Services

Server 3

Server 2008 64bit

Single Quad core Xeon 4GB

Running SQL 2005

I initially tried to install on the SBS2008 server but had problems with a failed install, I have now installed on the server 2008 along side the SQL installation, apart form some minor problems on install the server seemed to install OK with no errors however I can not log in to the BAS returns username or password incorrect. have tried some of the sugested solutions. I have since reinstalled the BAS on the server again with no errors but still can not log into BAS.

Hope that someone somewhere has an idiots guide to installing BAS under a server 2008 environment and can help me before I reach retierment.

Many Thanks

Paul

Retired
CerealBypass
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 9360

Re: Can't login to Blackberry Administration Service after installation member server server 2008 x6

The best place to start is to repro the login failure and take a look at the BAS-AS logs. There's usually one or two exceptions in there that point directly to a solution.

What version do you have installed? 5.0? 5.0 SP1? Do you have any maintenance releases installed?

My Device: curve

Re: Can't login to Blackberry Administration Service after installation member server server 2008 x6

HI thanks for the reply

I have since uninstalled the product but will install again tonight then will post the logs I have checked the logs but could not find any thing to suggest that It had not worked. I have read countless articles tried without success many proposed solutions ower the last week and I still get back to login or password not recognised. tried it in firefox as well as IE could not find the CSS that the install said it would create so added the server as a trusted site. one soultion recons that the password is hashed when saved and that you need to run the utility but have had problems with the utility in x64.

Paul

Retired
CerealBypass
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 9360

When you're installing, it would be a good idea for you to create a BAS Authentication account (it's usually "admin" by default) so at the very least, you will be able to get into the BAS before we work out the AD authentication issue.

My Device: Not Specified

Delete this key and restart your services

HKEY CURRENT USER\Software\Research In Motion\Blackberry Enterprise Server\Administration Service\Key Store\WebKeyStorePass

Contributor
operationnos
My Device: Blackberry 9000

I just finished resolving an issue very simmilar to this, we randomly lost the ability to login to BAS on Saturday.  Installing SP1 and MR1 following by a reboot resolved all of our issues.