Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
mnorris1103
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Verizon
Accepted Solution

Can't readd user - not listed in qued for deletion.

I just deployed BES 10 and deleted a user and then tried to readd him. When I try to add them in create a user, it says "cannot find record". I've seen others with the same issue, but they all seem to find the user when they search the qued for deletion criteria. My problem is that they aren't listed in there either. Is there another way to purge them from the system so I can readd them?  -I should also mention they are still listed in AD and in Exchange.  Thanks! :Helpsmilie:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mnorris1103

Re: Can't readd user - not listed in qued for deletion.

Nevermind, I figured it out. I was selecting Qued to delete this user from the Display settings for search results menu. I had to click the View more criteria option and change the Qued to delete this user option to True. He showed up after that! Hope this helps someone.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

To verify if BlackBerry smartphone user accounts are queued for deletion, perform the following steps:

1. Under BlackBerry Solution Management, expand User.

1. Click Manage Users.

1. In the Search for users menu, click Advanced search.

1. In the Email criteria section of the Advanced Search, select True in the Queued removal of BlackBerry services drop-down box.

1. Click Search.

BlackBerry smartphone users who are pending a deletion, but the process has not completed, will be displayed.

The BlackBerry smartphone user account can be purged from the database or removed immediately from the BlackBerry service by performing the following steps:

1. Click the Display name of the BlackBerry smartphone user that is displayed when searching for BlackBerry smartphone users that are Queued removal of BlackBerry services.

1. Click Immediate removal of BlackBerry services.

If user is stuck in pending delete, you can drop user from database using the following:

1. Open command prompt
2. Type "osql -E"
3. 1>use BESMgmt
4. 2>go
5. 1>delete from userconfig where mailboxsmtpaddr=''user@domain.com''
6. 2>go

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bysdontcry
My Device: Blackberry Z10

So there's a user (ME) that I removed after initial testing of my newly built BES 10 server and it's stuck in pending delete in the admin console.  The SQL above isn't valid for BES 10.  I show a list of users using SQL and it doesn't show me in any kind of state, active or pending delete.  I've had a ticket open with Blackberry Support for 5 days now with no luck yet.  I really need to add myself back so I can work from my phone again.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mnorris1103

bysdontcry wrote:

So there's a user (ME) that I removed after initial testing of my newly built BES 10 server and it's stuck in pending delete in the admin console.  The SQL above isn't valid for BES 10.  I show a list of users using SQL and it doesn't show me in any kind of state, active or pending delete.  I've had a ticket open with Blackberry Support for 5 days now with no luck yet.  I really need to add myself back so I can work from my phone again.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.

Try the second post I made at the top. I was having the same issue where I couldn't even find the user to see the state they were in. Once I found the correct options to select (From my earlier post) the user showed up. Don't bother trying BES support, when I had an issue they drug their feet for a week and kept sending me KB articles that I had already tried and asked me to send them the same log files over and over with no results. Good luck!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bysdontcry

Thanks mnorris.  Yeah I've done everything possible.  I use the advanced search criteria, see my userid, then can't delete it.  The error message is "One or more errors have occurred.  The immediate removal of Blackberry services was not completed."  And that's that.  Any time I try it, same thing happens.  There's a bug in there.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mnorris1103

I see what your are saying now. I thought you meant you couldn't see the user. Most of the issues like this, I have found it saves way more time to remove BDS, delete the database and the Blackberry Device Service folder under C:\Program Files (x86)\Research In Motion, reboot and reinstall. I know it's a hassle, but it would only take like 15 min or so and you would be running again as opposed to days and days of troubleshooting.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bysdontcry

Ha.  Interesting.  That's not a bad idea.  I'll give the support folks some more time.  It's only affecting 1 user (which happens to be me) and I can live with it for a little while longer.  Thanks for the advice though.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
belair57
My Device: Not Specified

i have the same problem. please let me know how you solved it. thanks.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bysdontcry

I did the below.

I installed SQL Management Studio software on the server, connected to the BDSMgmt (not BESMgmt as was the name in BES5), navigated to the dbo.DeviceUser table, found my userid and deleted myself.  My user account was back in the system after that, created a new activation passcode and activated myself again.

Please use plain text.