Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

My Device: Not Specified

Can't search for users despite LDAP verification

All,

Thanks in advance for the help.  We are migrating our mobile users to Blackberry, and I just implemented BES 5 last night.  Install was completely by the book, on a Server 2008 x64 system (joined to a Server 2008 Native domain). Once install was completed, I immediately brough up BAS and was able to search for one user (under "Create a User) as a test.  I then went to bed (since this was after hours).  This morning I was no longer able to do this, receiving the following error message: "No records were found that match the specified search criteria. Edit the search criteria and try again."

After wrestling with this for several hours, reading every article I could find (all of them dealt with LDAP), I was still unable to search.  In addition, one of the articles had me navigate to "Components" and then "Blackberry Administration Service".  I was suddenly unable to access this page, receiving the following error: "The application has encountered a system error. Please report this error to the System Administrator. (EXCEPTION-com.rim.bes.bas.servicemanager.ServiceNotFoundException)".

Thinking I had screwed the install up completely, I formatted the server and loaded Server 2003 R2 x86.  I went through the entire install like normal.  At the end I was still unable to search or create a user, and now I am receiving the same error message when accessing BAS under "Components" (The application has encountered a system error. Please report this error to the System Administrator. (EXCEPTION-com.rim.bes.bas.servicemanager.ServiceNotFoundException)).
Any help would be greatly appreciated, even if it is just pointing me to calling support.

Contributor

Re: Can't search for users despite LDAP verification

Hi philbillpot

Any luck with this one, having exactly the same problem.

Fromme

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Can't search for users despite LDAP verification

I believe MR1 resolve this issue.  As work around, you need to narrow down the search by providing some criteria.

Good luck!

-silly-