Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Contributor
stacehamilton
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Can't wipe work data after deleting Mobile Fusion app

Just wondering if this is normal operation.  I deleted the Mobile Fusion app from my IOS device and then from the UDS server tried locking and wiping the work data. Nothing happens on the device and email all stays.  I assume it needs the MF app in order to do this but certainly a flaw if someone could just delete the app.  Or is there a way to somehow prevent the deletion of the MF app?  thank you.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
leigh28
My Device: did have a BlackBerry Storm 2
My Carrier: Telstra

Re: Can't wipe work data after deleting Mobile Fusion app

When you say you tried "locking and wiping the work data" do you mean that you had a policy defined that wipes the device after 'x' amount of failed passwords?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
robcyk
My Device: Not Specified

i too noted the same issue and also think it is a big one. The idea of the Fusion application suite is to have ability to control or erase the devices. There should be some way to either password protect the application or make it lockable so that it can not be removed.

If a phone gets lost, or ther eis an issue with an employee, they could just remove the app and still maintain the corporate data.

Any update in your findings?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mfhall
My Device: Not Specified

Same question I asked BES support.  At this time only way to handle is if the user deletes the MF app then you won't see it listed under their username in UDS management.  So if it's not there, then disable them from using ASynce in Exchange.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Highwayman-Ed
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Telstra

I just tested this with our installation and after deleting the Fusion App the profiles remained on the device (iPhone 4S with iOS 5.1.1). The device was still visible in UDS and selecting 'Delete Only Work Data' cleared the profiles (Wi-Fi and EAS) and the associated data from the device.

Please use plain text.