Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Trusted Contributor
Hape
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone.de

Cannot activate IOS Device

[ Edited ]

Hi,

hope someone can help me out. I have installed UDS and could activate an Android device.

But I am unable to activate an IOS device.

I am using a self signed certificate. So I have installed the the signed certificate plus the root certificate from the CA which has signed the certificate. Both have status: trusted 

But when I type the compay server name in the mobile fusion client on the IOS then the device gives me the error:

"Your device cannot be activated at this time. Please try again later or contact your administrator".

From the Network traffic logs I know the the IOS device connects to the UDS server. So I am wondering if this is an certificate issues as descriebed here in the KB:

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do?externalId=KB30215&sliceId=2&cmd=displayKC&d...

I am wondering if anyone has successfull activated an IOS device in Mobile Fusion.

Any help would be appreciated

regads

HaPe

Please use plain text.
Contributor
quikslvr311
My Device: Blackberry Bold
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Cannot activate IOS Device

[ Edited ]

I've had issues with this in the past when my wireless was on and connected on the iphone while trying to get the mobile fusion client activated...  Try disabling wireless or make sure you aren't connected to any wireless networks.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Hape

Thanks for reply.

I've already disabled WIFI and tested. Same error.

Tested on two different devices and receive the same error.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
hinojosa89
My Device: Not Specified

and the devices have fully access to internet? 

And since internet is it possible to access to the uds server throuhg port 443?

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Hape

Hi hinojosa89,

yes internet is available. I could see in our gateway logs that the IP of  my ios device was routed to de UDS server.

So I don't think that this is a device certificate issue as described in the above KB I already provided.

Our company will stop testing Mobile Fusion for now. It does not make sense to spend days and weeks on a product to get it running by troubleshooting.

I am realy deeply disappointed of Mobile Fusion and what RIM has presented. 

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Developer
Gareth
My Device: 8520, 9700

When it comes time to renew other certs in your environment, like Exchange, add the UDS internet DNS name as a subject alternative. Then use that cert with UDS comm service. Made my install easier when when we resolved our ActiveSync connectivity for this product. Doing it that way works like a charm. iOS and Android devices are activating.

Also perhaps try from internal, this would mean you will need to fiddle with your DNS to resolve .com domains internally. In my case I am resolving my external domain name to my internal so when a user or testing requires activating over Wifi its still resolves.

This may just be something to test, then you will be able to identify an issue, whether UDS or external to just prior to UDS that is causing this failure.

Also wait for the next SP release for this product before retrying this.
Please use plain text.