Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Contributor
amcoll_1977
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

Cannot attach emails to work mail from personal space

Hi

This problem is a repost of the same issue that i posted in the BB10 forum

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Enterprise-Service-10/Allow-work-space-access-to-p...

None of my users can browse to the personal photo folder in order to attach images to work emails

One of the users on the previous post said that he can do this, so i'm thinking its a setting on the BES that is preventing this. The problem is, i don't know which one!

Can anyone advise?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
MAD-VIKING
My Device: BlackBerry Z-10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Cannot attach emails to work mail from personal space

Hello amcoll_1977;

Welcome to the forums and thank you for your question.

To my knowledge, you should be able to copy from personal to the work perimeter but not from work to personal.

When you say your users cannot browse to the personal folder, is there something preventing them? i.e. do they receive an error, a prompt, or they do not have the option.

If the users are storing their data to a media card, when they are wishing to add a file, can they select media card utilizing the following method?

Open email

Select compose

Select attach

Select the media you wish to attach. i.e. picture, video, etc.

In the lower left of the screen you will see a folder icon or Up, select this

In the lower left of the new screen select the device icon

Choose from the available options, device work, device personal, media card

BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 Policy Reference Guide.

Let us know if you have any further questions regarding this specific request.

BlackBerry Documents

BlackBerry Knowledgebase

MAD-VIKING
Please use plain text.
Contributor
amcoll_1977
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

[ Edited ]

Hi

So, they can click on attach, and select the type of attachment (in this case, pictures). They see the Device-Work camera folder, and yes, they have the up option in the bottom left. Clicking this take you to the root of the Device-Work partition. If you click on Device-work in the bottom left corner, you get a pop out from the left side showing the Device-work partition, and the mapped network drives G and H. There's no option for the Device-Personal partition

Edit - the Device-Work option appears in the bottom left, not right as i first had typed

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tcanaleparola
My Device: Z30

Is there any solution for this error.  I have same issue on a z30, my coworkers using z10 do not experievce the issue.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tcanaleparola
My Device: Z30

Shocked there is no response or solution to this issue, reported in August.  Can someone at BB please respond.  It is driving me crazy.  I checked all settings, even had IT department look into it.  no solution to the problem so far.  My coworker using Z10 OS10.2 also has same issue, but my other coworker using Z10 OS10 does not have the issue.

Please use plain text.