Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Cannot get to admin service

I've installed BES v5 for Domino 8.5.

Everything installed fine.

Domino comes up and loads BES.. and monitoring service loads.

Everything look fine.

So now I have to connect to the WebAdmin service and it doesn't exists!!

"Page not found" or "Not available".

It's not a windows firewall issue and it's definately not a port conflict issue.

I've reinstalled multiple times, removed domino, SQL, and of course BES to no avail.

Why doesn't BB provide free phone support for those who are testing before they buy? 

Someone Please help.

I can't config the software so I can setup a test enviroment before we buy!!!

I am at a total loss on this. 

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Cannot get to admin service

What browser are you using?

Webadmin? Did you mean BAS ? have you looked at the BAS logs?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor

IE 7

Web admin service. So I can use the browser to administer the bes server....

Logs.. Errors on boot up all over the place.

I'm redoing it again!

I'll post back in a few. (i've got hd images so it shouldn't take too long)

Contributor

BES_BBAS-AS_01  says there is a JBDC error...

I know java DB driver isn't installed.

and I must admit.. I don't know how. The instructions are not clear to me at all........

But this all worked the first time and I didn't install the JDBC driver before....

So I have download the JDBC drivers from MS and extracted them..

but from there.. I have no idea....

Contributor

Caused by: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: The TCP/IP connection to the host  has failed. java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
 at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException.makeFromDriverError(Unknown Source)
 at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.connectHelper(Unknown Source)
 at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.loginWithoutFailover(Unknown Source)
 at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.connect(Unknown Source)
 at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver.connect(Unknown Source)
 at org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.local.LocalManagedConnectionFactory.createManagedConnection(LocalManagedConnectionFactory.java:171)
 ... 122 more
Contributor

>>>><code error excerpt>>> 

Caused by: org.jboss.util.NestedSQLException: Could not create connection; - nested throwable: (com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: The TCP/IP connection to the host  has failed. java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect); - nested throwable: (org.jboss.resource.JBossResourceException: Could not create connection; - nested throwable: (com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: The TCP/IP connection to the host  has failed. java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect))
 at org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.WrapperDataSource.getConnection(WrapperDataSource.java:94)
 at org.hibernate.ejb.connection.InjectedDataSourceConnectionProvider.getConnection(InjectedDataSourceConnectionProvider.java:47)
 at org.hibernate.jdbc.ConnectionManager.openConnection(ConnectionManager.java:423)
 ... 155 more
Caused by: org.jboss.resource.JBossResourceException: Could not create connection; - nested throwable: (com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: The TCP/IP connection to the host  has failed. java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect)
 at org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.local.LocalManagedConnectionFactory.createManagedConnection(LocalManagedConnectionFactory.java:179)
 at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.InternalManagedConnectionPool.createConnectionEventListener(InternalManagedConnectionPool.java:577)
 at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.InternalManagedConnectionPool.getConnection(InternalManagedConnectionPool.java:262)
 at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.JBossManagedConnectionPool$BasePool.getConnection(JBossManagedConnectionPool.java:500)
 at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.BaseConnectionManager2.getManagedConnection(BaseConnectionManager2.java:341)
 at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.TxConnectionManager.getManagedConnection(TxConnectionManager.java:315)
 at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.BaseConnectionManager2.allocateConnection(BaseConnectionManager2.java:396)
 at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.BaseConnectionManager2$ConnectionManagerProxy.allocateConnection(BaseConnectionManager2.java:842)
 at org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.WrapperDataSource.getConnection(WrapperDataSource.java:88)
 ... 157 more
Caused by: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: The TCP/IP connection to the host  has failed. java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
 at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException.makeFromDriverError(Unknown Source)
 at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.connectHelper(Unknown Source)
 at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.loginWithoutFailover(Unknown Source)
 at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.connect(Unknown Source)
 at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver.connect(Unknown Source)
 at org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.local.LocalManagedConnectionFactory.createManagedConnection(LocalManagedConnectionFactory.java:171)
 ... 165 more
(09/21 12:26:40:538):{main} [com.rim.bes.bas.authenticationmanager.AuthenticationManagerUtilities] [FATAL] [BBAS-4001] {unknown} initializeCredentialCacheAsRequired could not read credentials for BAS-AS, com.rim.bes.bas.util.BASCouldNotCompleteRequestRollbackException: Caught unhandled RuntimeException in org.jboss.ejb3.EJBContainerInvocation method getAuthenticationCredentialsLocal - org.hibernate.exception.GenericJDBCException: Cannot open connection

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Looks like issue 4 in this doc

When trying to access the BlackBerry Administration Service "The Page Cannot be displayed" error is received. The BBAS-AS Service is also constantly restarting

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB18185

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Contributor

that was it.. thanks!
Guru III
My Device:

Glad to have helped out.