Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Enterprise Server 5.0
My Carrier: 02

Cant deploy Mimecast services App to new Blackberry 9320 running OS7

Hi, im having toruble deploying the mimecast services App (MSB V1.2 uk) to the curve 9320. Theres nothing under "resolved applications" but in "other software configuration" it shows "unkown device" Things iv tried already

1 - updated device.xml and vendor.xml

2 - tried the app on a few other new Blackberrys running OS7

3 - Tried to deploy the app to the blackberry using Deskop manager which works fine

The app aslo goes on Blackberrys running OS5/6 but wont install on any running OS7

Is there ant BES logs someone can check to find out why this wont deploy? I have spoke to O2 and they said everything is fine on the netowrk.

Thanks

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Blackberry Classic
My Carrier: Swisscom

Re: Cant deploy Mimecast services App to new Blackberry 9320 running OS7

[ Edited ]

As you correctly suspected, this is a device.xml issue. When you say "I have updated device.xml and vendor.xml", how exactly did you do that? And how did you check that is succeeds?

You have to check the BAS log. Which version of BES 5 are you on? SP level, MR level?

New Contributor

hi...i donwloaded the new device and vendor.xml and replaced them in the apploder directory where the others were.

I then opened the updated device.xml file and searched for "os model 9320" which i can see.

Im using Blackberry server 5.0.3 MR 7 (bundle 227)

Thank you

Forums Advisor III

That doesn't work. Downloading the files and putting them in the directory worked for BES 4.1. For BES 5.0, this will not work, please read the following KB on how to update the device.xml and vendor.xml files:

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewContent.do?externalId=KB22777&sliceId=1

New Contributor

i believe the proxy server settings are already in place on the server hosting the BAS. or do i still need to do this precedure?

Thanks

New Contributor

iv checked the proxy settings and all the details are in there? Iv also noticed that the reg key "connections" doesnt exist either?

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Connections

Forums Advisor III

[ Edited ]

You don't have to do all the 4 options, just one of them.

Easiest is if you go to Internet Explorer on the BAS Server, set the proxy explicitly, check that you can download the two files via Internet Explorer on BAS. If that works, you should get the device.xml and vendor.xml files automatically (this happens 10 minutes past every hour).

To check, open the BBAS log file and search for "device.xml" (without the quotes). If you see an error message, post it here.

Highlighted
New Contributor

how can i check the 2 files download ? iv checked quite a few of the BBAS.log files and searched for device.xml with no results?

Forums Advisor III

What actually happens is, it downloads the two files and then puts them in the BESMgmt database.

If you don't see anything in the BBAS-AS log that means that it worked. I only see device.xml and vendor.xml in that log when the download fails, for example:

(11/08 00:10:16:881):{WorkManager(2)-60617} [com.rim.bes.bas.softwareconfigurationmanager.SoftwareConfigurationManagerUtilities] [WARN] [BBAS-2038] {u=SystemUser, t=789374} retrieveExternalXMLFile Exception while trying to retrieve a file from web com.rim.bes.bas.windowsaccess.windowshttpaccessor.WindowsHTTPAccessorException: Nested exception: 'WinHTTP exception occurred in function: JWinHTTP::getResultFile, Url: https://www.blackberry.com/Desktop/Download/XML/Vendor.xml, Error: 0 - The operation completed successfully.  [ GetResultFile access to the URL failed]'

If you don't get that in the log I would say that the update works. Any how, you can check in the following DB table

GobalSettings

In the first row look for the "DeviceXML" column. Copy the data in Notepad. It should start with something like:

<devicesrc version="1.0.0.114">

Further down you should also find the devices. Check if all your device models are listed.

New Contributor

hi...sorry but im not sure where to find the global settings data base log?