Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Cascades app confused as Android, cannot be added to BlackBerry World for Work

I have a native Cascades app in BlackBerry World. The app has passed the Built for BlackBerry certification, has lots of downloads etc and one of my customers is trying to add it to BlackBerry World for Work in his organizaiton.

BlackBerry World for Work does not accept it though. The error message that the system administrator in the organization receives when attempt to add my app says "The specified application could not be published. Java and Android applications are not supported. Please correct the entry." The error has been indepenently verified (see this forum thread)

So it looks like the app management (BES10?) and/or BlackBerry World is confusing a Cascades app as an Android one!

Interestingly, and very strangely, the free version of the same app app (separate entry in BB World) which is the exact same application, code etc but expires in 14 days can be added successfully to BlackBerry World for Work without a problem.

Does anyone know what is causing this strange behaviour and how to proceed from here and fix this? I looked through the bar descriptor even the MANIFEST.MF but there are no meaningul differences between the full version and the paid version. Yet the first one is rejected and the second one isn't.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Cascades app confused as Android, cannot be added to BlackBerry World for Work

you would need to contact BlackBerry as no one here can change anything in BlackBerry world

hopefully the person is choosing the correct URL of your app

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Cascades app confused as Android, cannot be added to BlackBerry World for Work

thanks for your response, knottyrope. I contacted BlackBerry World vendor support, they acknowledged the problem and seem to be working on resolving it.