Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Contributor
stevepasq
My Device: Not Specified

Changing the BAS admin password

I changed our BAS admin password, saved, and logged out. When I log back in as admin I am being propted to change my password. I do this and it kicks me back to the login screen and I have to do the same steps over again. So basically I am stuck in a password changing loop. Has anyone seen this? Any idea how I can get it to accept the new password and not prompt me to change it again?
Contributor
stevepasq
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Changing the BAS admin password

Incase anyone has this issue BB suport and I figured out what was going on. First, to get into BAS as the BAS admin we had to go into the database table for users (dbo.BASUSers) and change the password there and set the lastpasswordchange column to NULL. The support rep gave me the characters to paste into the password column which made the password berry. By changing last password change to NULL i wasn't prompted to chage the password again so I was able to get in with the password of berry. We tried changing the password again and of course we ran into the same problem. So, had to make the changes in the SQL database again and logged back in with the password of berry. We went into the BAS component settings and saw the password expiry was changed to 0. I did this when I first set up the server thinking that this would allow password to never expire. Setting a password expiry to 0 in any other application sets password to never expire. But not on BES 5. This makes the password expire immediately. So, I changed it to 1000 days, changed my password, logged out, and logged back in with the new password with no problem.

The BES support rep is putting in a request to development to have 0 days = no password expiration for a future release.

Forums Veteran I
bbhorrigan
My Device: 8900

Re: Changing the BAS admin password

great info, thank you

If someone helped you give them kudos. Research all info!