Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
My Device: Torch Touch

Cisco Jabber for Blackberry 10

[ Edited ]

Hello All,

I don't know if this should be directed at Cisco or Blackberry , but I am wondering if there are any plans to roll out Cico Jabber for Blackberry. I know Cisco Jabber IM is available but we are making a big push to roll out Jabber for use with our corporate phones. We have a small number (5) of IOS/Andriod devices but we are now at a cross roads to stick or twist with Blackberry. I am not interested in any further spend or introducing blackberry mobile voice systems so that is ruled out.

If Blackberry are not going to have the Cisco Jabber client available Im afraid another "BB House" will be moving away from the devices regardless of the new handsets and B10 .

Hopefully I can get some answers or even roadmaps .

Thanks

F

New Contributor
My Device: Z10

Re: Cisco Jabber for Blackberry 10

"I know Cisco Jabber IM is available"... it is? Where? I can not find a client that works with Webex Connect for my Z10.

Visitor

Unfortunately, the development of any Jabber app is probably down to Cisco and not BlackBerry...

I too would like to see a fully packaged and capable Jabber application for BB10...  Will have to keep pressurising Cisco into making one and try and drive up interest.  If they don't think it is worth the time, effort and money, then they won't do it.  If BB10 users don't make any noise about the lack of a Jabber client to Cisco, it won't be done.

There is a WebEx App for BB10 (Z10) and I would have thought that it would have been in their interest to create a joint Unified Client (one that does WebEx and Jabber)...

New Contributor
My Device: 9930 Bold

I too would like to see Jabber for BB10 devices, but agree this isn't up to Blackberry. The ball is in Cisco's court, the best bet is to provide feedback to them directly. 

New Contributor

in the meantime unfortunately I had to return my blackberry z10 and replaced it with a Samsung S4 because of exactly this software issue. unless blackberry find a way to somehow incentivize software partners they will keep losing long time customers such as myself. it is very unfortunate.