Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Contributor
vkurian
My Device: 9780

Configuring Enterprise IM with BES 10.1, IBM Sametime 8.5.2 and Q10

Hi,

We have BES 10.1 and Collaboration service installed successfully. While trying to login from Q10 Enterprise IM, it is throwing error "Server is unavailable this time". Has anybody succesfully configured it? Any clue?

Thanks in advance..

New Contributor
pcdeeke
My Device: Z10

Re: Configuring Enterprise IM with BES 10.1, IBM Sametime 8.5.2 and Q10

Unfortunately I don't have a solution for you, cause we share this issue. 

It looks like the the Collaboration Service has connections to our ST Server. This is what I can find in the BBIM log

BBIM_1>:<INFO >:<LAYER = BBIM, Sametime Connection logged in succesfull: [ip-address]>

I have a theory but wasn't able to check this with our firewall guy so far. As far as I understood the Collaboration Service must be available from outside via port 8181

Contributor
vkurian

Thanks for your reply.

You may be right, as the Data Flow details says it is communicating to port 8181. Let me try opening the port and see if it makes any difference.

New Contributor
pcdeeke
My Device: Z10

We opened the port on our firewall for outgoing connections, I'm not sure if this is enough cause it's still not working. 

Also there wasn't any entries in the firewall log for this port and the BES, so maybe I have another problem. 

In the BBIM logfile I found something that indicates that there is another issue. 

<INFO >:<LAYER = SCM, C:\Program Files (x86)\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Collaboration Service\BBIM\Servers\Instance\config\mappingscache.bin (The system cannot find the file specified)>

<DEBUG>:<LAYER = SCM, Device PIN-Email mapping error: null>

<DEBUG>:<LAYER = SCM, Admin. Task- PIN-Email mapping rows changed: 0>

We have the Collaboration Service running on our BES5 and there I have this mappingscache.bin file. 

Contributor
vkurian

What I understood is, this collobaration service communication is happening through the secured tunnel which is already established with the device and BES Server. I have missed one thing from preinstallation checklist and going to try that. Need to add the IP address in the Trusted IP list in stconfig.nsf file of the Sametime server and then restart the server. Will be doing this tonight and will try tomorrow morning to check if that helps.

Contributor
DSTGSUKBES
My Device: Not Specified

Have a look at this thread which will help understand where the problem is.

Last Post on Page 1.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Enterprise-Service-10/BCS-10-1-Enterprise-IM-for-s...