Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Contributor
mddoyle
My Device: Not Specified

Continuous ongoing Enterprise Activations

I recently have been told that since migrating to 5.0 that some users continually see a Enterprise Activation screen. I can verify this by searching for all Not Completed Ongoing Activations.

Below is what each user who sees these has from the BAS.

Email Ongoing Starting key exchange 6/3/09 7:49:30 AM      

Synchronization Ongoing Waiting for recognition of valid user activation response before continuing with processing. 6/3/09 7:49:29 AM       Policy Ongoing Waiting for recognition of valid user activation response before continuing with processing. 6/3/09 7:49:29 AM

What needs to be done for this to be fixed? All users still send/recieve e-mail, can access our LAN, etc.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mddoyle

Re: Continuous ongoing Enterprise Activations

No one has seen this?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
chabotrobert

I have the same issue.  Any answer ?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
mddoyle

I still haven't been able to resolve this. :/

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
chabotrobert

It might not help you but here's the resolution for us, just in case

I had 2 situations;

1. Related to the fact that i could not connect to webdesktop or webconsole with AD credentials. 

In BES v5.0 if you go in the small app "Blackberry Server Config" and for one reason or another change the LDAP password you are in for a ride.  When you install this psw is saved HASHED but if you re-enter it later in config (just to verify as was  my case) it saves it in CLEAR.   From then on, since at the moment of communication it UN-HASH the psw you can guess what happens

I found a message pointing to this in the BAS log.

Details here : http://www.blackberryforums.com.au/forums/general-bes-discussion/4652-unable-log-blackberry-administ...  see issue #2 and workarounds.

Once this resolve, i was able to activate "most" of our BB whatever models but i still have problem with some.  I ended up on support using the "Enterprise Activation Readiness" where i found out that our service provider for some reason had not "enterprise activated" some of our bb.  They did, problem fully solved.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mddoyle

That is not my issue. I can connect to BAS and Web Desktop, log in and do everything I need to (so can my users).

All phones that see this message are activated, recieve e-mails, can access an Application that communicates with a server on our LAN etc. I can perform all functions from a BES Admin standpoint, we just see this activation messages on the BES and on the User Handheld.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mddoyle

bump
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
cczech

I am not sure if this is the same problem that I had, but I made the unfortunate mistake of copying the SRP key directly from the e-mail when I registered for the trial version.  It included and extra " " (space) at the end of the 8 digit or whatever code.  I had to go in and delete the code entirely, put in some random information.  Save it.  Then go back in and put the proper SRP key ensuring there was no extra space.

An easy way to tell if you have the problem is to look here (screenshot) and make sure that it shows "Connected" and not "Disconnected".

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mddoyle

Mine says Connected.
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
RobertSeattle
My Device: Blackberry Storm

I have the same problem - but I'm wondering if it has to do with devices being activated on 4.1 (or earlier) machine and then the accounts moved to the 5.0 machine? I'm going to reactivate my device on the 5.0 machine and see if the problem goes away.  Will report back in a few days.

Please use plain text.