Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
gruenwal
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: A1

Data roaming with the new BES 10 and BB Balance

Dear all,

I´ve a question concerning the new Blackberry Z10 and the big topic data roaming.

Currently we have the problem that the provier is not selling BB data packages for roaming and so we are forced to disable dataroaming when we would like to rollout the new BB 10.

My question is if it possible to forbid with BB Balance or with BES 10 data roaming on the private Screen (so the user can only connect with wireless when he is abroad) and on the business screen roaming is allowed to check mails etc.

Or has somebody a better suggestion?

Thank you very much for your answers

Best Regards

gruenwal

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
oliwer
My Device: BB10 and WiFi PB
My Carrier: .

Re: Data roaming with the new BES 10 and BB Balance

IMO you only need a normal data roaming option, not a bb10 specific one. You cannot disable roaming on the personal side right now.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
gruenwal
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: A1

Hi oliwer,

Thanks for your answer - it´s clear for me that you only need a "normal data roaming option" for the new BB Z10..

But for me it´s currently not possible to give the "international user´s" the new BB Z10 because the "normal roaming option" is really expensive and you don´t know how much data the new blackberry is consuming when you are abroad. From my point view it´s really sad that you cannot use the old BB packages..

@ oliwer - Do you know if  there is already a plan to implement such function (disable raoming on the personal side) on the BES 10 or on BB Balance? 

Best Regards,

gruenwal

Please use plain text.
ITSUPPORT4U
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Firmtel

We have the same problem.

Is there already a solution?

Gruenwal how did you solved this problem?

Best Regards,

Patrick

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

you cant do it with balance but you can with EMM work space only from what i have heard

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Contributor
dgoudriaan
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Kpn

I notticed using the z10  for a  heavy user 10 MB consumtion per day is normal for email only. Using active sync like other phones like Iphone or andriod.

I was shocked that the BES7 for the same user was much less => 15 MB per week.

But I am not an expert, understanding this data system of the BES. It would be great learning more about this.

Still we have with travels international 1MB for 12 euro!

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

BES 5 has always used compression to RIM NOC and devices did not have a real mail client more like a thin client that that used BES and i was able to use less than 500 meg a month under heavy usage. not counting video/audio streaming. This was a carriers dream but as we know other devices did not use compression and actually crippled some city networks until they could upgrade.

most users did not want this compression as it slows down web access and game downloads

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Please use plain text.
Contributor
dgoudriaan

In the mean time the software of the z10 have been updated, now the Traffic for forwarding emails is much more avanced.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
dgoudriaan

The Traffic is now compatible to HTC device.
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

Thats correct, it will use data like any other active sync client

Please use plain text.