Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
yss123
My Device: Z10

Deny Security Wipe with Enterprise service 10 Z10 10.2

How can I Deny Security Wipe with Enterprise service 10 policy on a Z10 10.2

(deny user users to delete "work space")

Thanks

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Deny Security Wipe with Enterprise service 10 Z10 10.2

that option is not present on any BES

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
yss123

How can I Protect the user from doing a Wipe on the phone, delete the Work Space ??

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

tell them not to do it and if they do it after a few time send them to HR and reccomend a written warning or more

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

New Contributor
yss123

It will not work for us, (:No:)

The whole work Space is worthless if they can wipe there phone!!!! :smileysad:

It must be a way to do it, or change the password "blackberry" to something else,

thanks

Enterprise SME
-BD-

The ability to prevent a user from factory resetting their phone is not available on any platform AFAIK.

New Contributor
yss123

With BlackBerry 7 when the user did a factory reset the policy was still there, the only way of taking off the policy was connecting the phone to a computer and deleted it with comment prompt !!! ,

am I missing something??

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

yss123 wrote:

With BlackBerry 7 when the user did a factory reset the policy was still there, the only way of taking off the policy was connecting the phone to a computer and deleted it with comment prompt !!! ,

am I missing something??

thats because you didnt set in IT policy to be factory default including remove IT policy

I had it enabled and we found more phones being lost, once removed the lost phones seems to have been less since we had our company info shown when locked.

New Contributor
yss123

That's because you didnt set in IT policy to be factory default including remove IT policy

==

How can I enable IT policy NOT TO BE factory default  on Enterprise 10 ??  that's my question