Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Developer
dniasoff
My Device: Q10
Accepted Solution

Device Activation can't be completed because the device doesn't meet your organization's compliance rules

Hi,

Looks like BES 10.1 is not fully usable yet,

I can active a Q10 using a balance enabled account but when I try workspace only I get the above message.

There is KB article http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB34255

Speaking to Vodafone UK they say that Blackberry themselves have not release BES transport for BES 10.

Any ideas about this or are Vodafone fobbing me off?

Thanks

Daniel

Enterprise SME
-BD-
My Device: Z10

Re: Device Activation can't be completed because the device doesn't meet your organization's compliance rules

The device needs to have the data service that allows EMM - Regulated activations.  Check with Vodafone about services are added to this device.

Fatboy40
My Device: Bold 9900

Re: Device Activation can't be completed because the device doesn't meet your organization's compliance rules

-BD- wrote:

The device needs to have the data service that allows EMM - Regulated activations.  Check with Vodafone about services are added to this device.

Good luck with that, Vodafone UK have absolutely no clue about BES 10.

I called them about this on Friday and first they said they they do not support BES 10, then they said that they have 'never' supported BES. They have no idea what's going on...

New Developer
dniasoff

Tried with both O2 and Vodafone (we have devices on both networks).

These are 2 out of 4 major networks in the UK.

Vodafone after making loads of phone calls to get through to someone that seemed to know what he's talkng about confirmed that it's in the roadmap and they are working with Blackberry but no ETA.

Didn't get any sense out of O2.

Looks like it's something that still needs to be rolled out.

Wonder if Blackberry has any better idea about ETA's

Thanks

Daniel

Fatboy40
My Device: Bold 9900

dniasoff,

You may also want to read the thread here...

http://forums.crackberry.com/bes-10-f321/so-question-now-how-do-enable-work-mode-only-807136/

... BlackBerry have certainly dropped the ball releasing BES 10.1 and not proeprly preparing the carrriers for the new plans and also communicating this to the end users, very poor !.

Contributor
wispitzc
My Device: Z10

Same situation here in Germany on T-Mobile/Telekom.

Tried to activate a Q10 with EMM Regulated (Works space only). Same error message.

Called T-Mobile representative and he told me all I need is the same Blackberry solution plan/option like on the old BES5 (separate Blackberry APN). But it is not working for now.

New Contributor
Greenerontheotherside
My Device: q10

[ Edited ]

Having the same issue with the Canadian carrier Rogers.

I also verified the plan and device with

BlackBerry Expert Support Center - Enterprise readiness tool

https://besc.webapps.blackberry.com/besc/auth/login?

And I get green lights for enterprise readiness plan and server connections.

The phone connects thru activesync, but fails with BES10.1 Activation.

The other test devices like the Playbooks (wifi only) activate just fine.

I finally got the Q10 to activate on a wifi only connection just like the play book.

New Developer
dniasoff

Hi Fatboy (I guess that's what you want me to call you)

Thanks for your link, it was quite useful.

It seems like Blackberry want to charge $10-15 to disable a feature that we never wanted.

So to clarify we can fully manage a device as part of the BES device license fee but are forced to use a feature called "balance" that we don't want.

To disable this feature I have to pay $15 monthly charge, don't quite get the logic here.

Don't see many people succombing to extortion like this, there are other options available.

Shame.

Incidentally probably like many I spent hours troubleshooting an obsecure message about "compliance rules" and speaking to mobile operators who were clueless about BES 10 activation requirements.

Wouldn't it have been simple for Blackberry to have put in the release notes that many operators do not support "regulated" activation at launch. They must have known this. (Oh and a more intuitive error message would have been really nice but that's really asking alot I suppose).

Thanks

Daniel