Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
kiasu404
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: None

Disable Development Mode in Z10/Q10

Hi,

Can BES10 disable (off) the Develpment Mode in users' Z10/Q10/Q5 phone?

If yes, how?

Reason: prevent user from installing Android Apps (insecure) in the phone which might steal info from the Work Area.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
kbe
My Device: Bold 9900 + PlayBook + Z10

Re: Disable Development Mode in Z10/Q10

[ Edited ]

There is a setting in the policy "Restrict dev mode":

"Specify whether development mode is restricted for BlackBerry device users. Development mode allows software development tools to connect to a device and also allows you or a user to install applications directly on the device using a USB or Wi-Fi connection. If you set this rule to Yes, users can only download and install applications from the BlackBerry World storefront and you can also send applications to devices using the BlackBerry Administration Service."

If you deploy the workspace via BES your users can only install apps in the workspace that you provide.

In the private space they can still do what they want but apps can not access the workspace data.

If you want to have full controll you have to choose the regulated mode (workspace only) which needs a EMM Regulated licence and a data plan.

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
swotam

In addition to what KBE stated, I'm quite sure you cannot install Android apps in the work space regardless of how this setting is configured.

Users can only install apps in the Work space that you provision via the BES, and you cannot provision Android apps IIRC.
----------
BESX 5.0.4, SQL 2008, Exchange 2010 SP2 RU4a
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kiasu404
My Carrier: None

Hi,

Thank you everyone for the guidence.

Please use plain text.