Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
Hassank1
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: MTN

Disadvatages of Z10 compared to Storm 2 9550

1- Can't check log history unless it's already a contact.

2- Can't resend message (SMS or mail).

3- Can't copy a number and paste it on the Dial Pad.

4- Can't forward SMS as mail.

5- If a phone number is received via SMS, can't pick the number and call it unless saved as a contact.

6- Connection is too weak. Bold 2 and Storm 2 have much better connection.

In general, older OS was much user friendly for business use. The above options make life much easier in a busy day. Older OS had all the above options which were expected to be in the Z10 in addition to the new features introduced.

I hope it will be considered soon in the first update so I and others I know can use the Z10 again as all people I know have eaither sold it or started using their older phones again waiting for the update.

Please share your findings and advise if you solved any of the above issues.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
Arsen
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Disadvatages of Z10 compared to Storm 2 9550

Hi Hassank1,

Hopefully I can answer some of your question.

Hassank1 wrote:

- In Phone App, Click and hold the number that called you, a slider appears on the right (circle with an i), click on it and shows you the history of that number called you, it also works for your contacts.

Open the sms message message you just sent, click and hold the last message you sent, slider appears to resent the message.

In dial pad it wont allow you to copy and past a number, but if you click on any number from your email or text messages or web site, it pops a slider to dial that number for you.

To forward a text message, click and hold, slider appears on the right, forward message, from there you can forward it to an email, or text to someone else.

5- If a phone number is received via SMS, can't pick the number and call it unless saved as a contact.

Just click on the text message, slider appears on the right to call the number..

- For me the z10 has been the best connection to date, and I have owned over dozen bb phones. Could be with your carrier.

In general, older OS was much user friendly for business use. The above options make life much easier in a busy day. Older OS had all the above options which were expected to be in the Z10 in addition to the new features introduced.

I think you will find it after two weeks of use with the z10, you will find it to be an amazing phone, For me the first 3 days was a challenge, but now love it.  There is room for improvements.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Hassank1
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: MTN

Re: Disadvatages of Z10 compared to Storm 2 9550

Thank you for your reply. It was of great help. I still have some issues as below:

Hassank1 wrote:

- In Phone App, Click and hold the number that called you, a slider appears on the right (circle with an i), click on it and shows you the history of that number called you, it also works for your contacts. 

That's correct but on the Phone App., the activities are not shown under one name or number. Each stands on its own. Let's say I missed a call from "x" and then called him back, both activities will show on the log by the time I should only see "x" and then see the activities when I do as you suggested. I've tried a lot to see where to set the view to merge activities of the same log but I couldn't know how.

Open the sms message message you just sent, click and hold the last message you sent, slider appears to resent the message. Tried it and worked just fine. Thank you.

In dial pad it wont allow you to copy and past a number, but if you click on any number from your email or text messages or web site, it pops a slider to dial that number for you. Tried and didn't work at all.

To forward a text message, click and hold, slider appears on the right, forward message, from there you can forward it to an email, or text to someone else. Tried it earlier but it will be sent as attached which can't be viewed by most of people I sent to.

Just click on the text message, slider appears on the right to call the number.. That's applicable to call the number sending the message not a number in the body of the message.

- For me the z10 has been the best connection to date, and I have owned over dozen bb phones. Could be with your carrier.

I think you will find it after two weeks of use with the z10, you will find it to be an amazing phone, For me the first 3 days was a challenge, but now love it.  There is room for improvements.

Please use plain text.