Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Contributor
DavePM
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: o2

DocsToGo - BES10.1.1 - iOS

Hi all,

I have just upgraded to BES10.1.1 and I am playing with the Secure Work stuff, I have the Work Connect and Work Browser all up and running great.

In the BES10 client it is asking me to install DocsToGo which is what I would like to try next, but nothing is happening, and if I look into the Comms Logs in the UDS console I see.

"appinstall.failed"

Is there something I am missing?

Cheers

David

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
swotam
My Device: Z10

Re: DocsToGo - BES10.1.1 - iOS

I've had the same problem. I'm suspecting that perhaps the Documents to Go application is not available yet on the iTunes App Store?

If you search for the Work Connect and Work Browser apps you will find them, but searches for "Documents to Go for BES10" result in no matches.
----------
BESX 5.0.4, SQL 2008, Exchange 2010 SP2 RU4a
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
swotam

I'm still not able to get this app installed and I don't see it in the iTunes store. RIM tech support are being remarkably stupid on this one, closing the ticket without actually providing a resolution.

Is anyone able to get the Docs to Go for BES10 app to install on an iOS device? If so, which country App Store are you using?
----------
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
swotam

I finally got an answer from RIM on this. It seems the app is still pending approval by Apple and isn't available for iOS currently.

I'm quite surprised that RIM would release the Secure Work Space functionality in 10.1.1 without having all the required iOS apps approved and ready to go. That seems like a pretty obvious requirement prior to launch.
----------
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
gurneetech
My Device: 9930 Bold
My Carrier: Verizon

Especially since they dropped the iOS client that supported the secure workspace at the same time as BES10.1, which was waaaay before the server support for iOS secure workspace was even available. Yeah, makes no sense. 

Please use plain text.