Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Contributor
aru1683
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Vodafone

Does BES 10.2 Support SNMP Monitoring?

I have installed SNMP service on the BES server and have enabled required permission to send SNMP requests. But i am unable to receive the response from it. 

Any pointers would be much appreciated. 

I get the below error

Request Failed: Get Response PDU received from xx.xx.xx.xx Error Indication in response: There is no such variable name in this mib. Errindex: 1

Aru

Please use plain text.
Contributor
aru1683

Re: Does BES 10.2 Support SNMP Monitoring?

Well looks like the OIDs have changed a bit when compared to BES 5.0.3. After importing the MIB file from <Program Files>\RIM\BES\Monitoring Service\bin, and doing a walk i am able to see the OID's but the structure looks diff. 

Can someone confirm if there are any changes to BES 10.2 interms of SNMP support ?

Aru

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
sameer_it17
My Device: BB Z10

Hi..

Can you try to read the below thread please..

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Enterprise-Service-10/Blackberry-enterprise-server...

Thanks

Please update the result after applied..

Thanks
Please use plain text.
Contributor
aru1683

Hi Sameer,

I did read through. But unfortunately i cant find any relevant answer, the document link is not valid. What i see from the BES 5.x and 10.x is that, RIM ships only one MIB file in the latest version where as 5.x had 2 versions. 

I would like to see if there are any official references that says some OID's are not in use any more. Please let me know if you have any such reference material.

Aru

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

BES 10 is not the same as BES 5 and many OID will not be used anymore as BES 10 no longer uses MAPI or attachment server to name a few

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.