Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Contributor
xlcor

[Domino Traveler] can't reply to emails

[ Edited ]

Very suddenly, my Z10 (using Lotus Domino via BES 10) won't allow me to reply to inbound emails (from any source) that I can receive and read.  When I attempt to reply, the email is generated but the transmission times out and I get a red stop sign type symbol in the Hub inbox.  Also, whenever I try to compose a fresh, new email, if the destination address is one from which I've already received an email (ie. an address to which I cannot reply), the same thing happens:  new email times out with the stop sign symbol.  All other functionality of the phone is fine.

This issue occurs in both Work and Personal zones.  I've blown away the local profile and performed an Enterprise Activation, which didn't do anything, and I've even security wiped the phone and reinstalled and upgraded the Blackberry OS, and it still fails.

Any ideas?

edit:  forgot to mention... when the reply email times out and failes, the error message is:  "protocol layer was unable to send a message".  I've Google'd that error message but found no useful information or solutions for my situation

Subject Title edited to reflect new topic.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
DavidAdams

Re: can't reply to emails

Not a solution but just to say you are not on your own.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Z10/Z10-connecting-to-Lotus-Traveler-server-v8-5-3...

We have a few Z10s connecting direct to Traveler 8.5.3,no BES involved, and those that have upgraded to 10.1.0.4xx can no longer reply to emails.

They can receive and send new ones, just not reply.

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,752
My Carrier: Verizon

On a BES? Have you touched base with your BES Admin?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
xlcor

That would be me!!  : )

I'm actually just on a support call with Rogers wireless tech support, and my tech rep has said that she has seen this issue a bunch of times.  All seem to be related to the 10.1.0.4xxx software update, and all have required a complete factory reset of the phone (which is what I'm right in the middle of now), NOT a profile recreation or a security wipe of the device, using Blackberry Link (with the Z10 in question connected, use the Restore option and select Restore to Factory Default suboption).

I'll report back when this is done, and let you guys know if it worked...

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,752
My Carrier: Verizon

OK, please do.

I've asked a moderator to move this thread over the BES section of the forum.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

what version Traveler are you using? Reccomended to use at least Ver 9

Do you use SSL? with no SSL the newer versions of BB10 will not work with it

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info. SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

No Sleep Till BlackBerry 10, A BlackBerry Song by Lil E Click here to listen

See me at BlackBerry Fans Get Hands-On BlackBerry 10 Demo

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

Please use plain text.
Contributor
xlcor

using Traveler 8.5.3FP3 with SSL.  it works fine for all other users, just not this one use, and just for that one bit of functionality...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
xlcor

Nope, didn't work.  So I've deleted and recreated the phone profile, security wiped and reinstalled the phone OS and now factory defaulted the phone and reinstalled the OS, and none worked.  I"m waiting to hear back from Rogers support regarding next steps...

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

you cant go back to the original OS that worked and any new device gets upgraded

Best option is to update to Traveler 9 or you will b pulling your hair out to find old OS devices.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info. SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

No Sleep Till BlackBerry 10, A BlackBerry Song by Lil E Click here to listen

See me at BlackBerry Fans Get Hands-On BlackBerry 10 Demo

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

Please use plain text.
Contributor
xlcor

wat?  for both the security wipe and the factory reset, the phone reinstalled its own software and upgraded to the latest version (10.1.0.4xxx something)

Please use plain text.