Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Contributor
DavidAdams
My Device: Not Specified

Re: can't reply to emails

I can confirm that upgrading the Traveler server to v9, including an upgrade of the underlying Domino server, has fixed the issue.

20 minutes down time and the end users didn't notice.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
PaulBenwell
My Device: Z10

Cheers David

Can confirm identical issue post .4200 being deployed to several Z10s by O2.

Was on Domino 8.5.3 and Traveler 8.5.3.3 with our BES 10.0 server

Upgraded to Domino 9.0 IF3 and Traveler 9.0.0.1 IF1 and immediately all working.

Thanks for the heads up on the solution - annoyed at O2 unable to provide any real support on this.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
xlcor

how many users had either of you guys experienced being affected by this issue, for which the solution was to upgrade Domino and Traveler?  In my environment (Domino 8.5.3.4 and Traveler 8.5.3.3 with BES 10), I have about 20 Z10 and Q10 users, only one of whom is experiencing this issue.  All other users are fine and fully functional.  I'm assuming that either all or a significant number of your respective user base was affected by this issue to warrant an across the board server update, no?

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

everyone will run into this sooner or later as carriers push out the OS update on the phones

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Contributor
DavidAdams

As far as we were concerned there are 7 Z10s out of 40 devices in total, so not a great proportion, but they are in the hands of senior management so any fail in functionality needs addressing. Those Z10s that worked without issue were all on versions 10.1.0.1703 or earlier and all the Z10s with issue were 10.1.0.4000 or greater.

Check which OS your users are on. It seems that the UK carriers are now pushing 10.1.0.4xxx to handsets and so the problem is beginning to surface.

As a control test I took a Z10 running 10.1.0.1703 and it worked perfectly. It was then upgraded to 10.1.0.4633 and the ability to reply stopped.

Given that one of the senior managers had allowed the automated upgrade to take place and thus was unable to reply a working solution was essential.

The upgrade process required a total down time of 25 minutes.

After the upgrade all affected users confirmed they were able to reply to an email.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
xlcor

OK, fair point.  I double checked and only have three Z10's on 10.1.0.4xxx, the rest are older.  Of those three, only one user is having the issue, so I guess the odds were not as far fetched as I originally thought!!

The problem is that we are a Domino shop, so our Domino mail servers service all 1000 staff, eventhough the Domino/Traveler server only services about 20 Z10/Q10 users.  Anyone know what the greatest version discrepancy can be between Domino mail server and associated Traveler server?  ie. if I leave my Domino mail server at 8.5.3.4 and upgrade Traveler to 9.0.0 or higher, will I have an issue? 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
DavidAdams

[ Edited ]

Are the two users on 10.1.0.4xxx not having the problem or just not reporting it?

We are also a Domino shop and as yet the central server is on 8.5.3 and not immediately planned to upgrade.

What we did was ensure that no design changes were allowed to replicate back to the main server.

Disable replication on all the core NTFs on the hub server.

Uncheck design change replication on the three core NSFs, names, admin4 and events4 on the hub server.

I am reliably informed by the Domino Admin that there should be no issues.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
xlcor

oh!  so you guys didn't update your entire Domino infrastructure, just the host server for Traveler!  got it...  I was mulling about how I was going to manage a rather impactful outage for that!

the other two users are quite... ummm... vocal, about any issues and inconsistencies, so I have no doubt that I would have heard about it had there been any!!  : )

Please use plain text.
Contributor
DavidAdams

Re: [Domino Traveler] can't reply to emails

With a hub server at 8.5.3 and 18 remote servers a full infrastructure upgrade wasn't an option.
Especially as remote means remote, we are UK with servers around the world.
We have one remote mail server on 6.5.3 that has yet to be done due to actually getting access to it in the south of France.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
xlcor

Re: [Domino Traveler] can't reply to emails

LOL
Please use plain text.